The seller sent me fake AirPods and fake return label, should I return it back?

caming3
Community Member

The seller sent me the fake AirPods Pro.

I went to the genius bar at the Apple store the same day I received the delivery and an Apple employee helped me identify it as a fake and sent me a report email.
When I tried to get in touch with the seller, the seller said I was the one who was lying and wanted to trade in the fake AirPods for a real pair. But the serial number of the AirPods the seller provided me with was the same as the one I received, and it was indeed a fake. The seller agreed to return the AirPods while questioning me, saying that I should send the AirPods back to them and they would go and do the testing themselves, and that they would not give me a refund if they were the genuine item. I went to the post office even though I was worried that I would lose the evidence that it was a fake when I sent it back. It turned out that the post office employee actually told me that even the return label was fake. I also had an email report from my local post office about this.

eBay told me to wait until the 3 days to negotiate had expired, gave me a new return label, said I should return it to the seller, and then gave me a refund. In the 30 minutes since I contacted eBay today, the seller actually contacted me again saying I had been scamming people.
It's come to a head and I'm very skeptical of the authenticity of the address the seller gave me. (At least I now have the 3 different names the seller gave me)
And I've been debating whether I should return the fake product and let the seller continue to sell it to others.
I've called the police, and after asking them, they told me to return it to the seller and wait for eBay's decision.
I would like to ask if I should send the item back in this case? I just recently found out that eBay deducted $250 directly from my bank card instead of through PayPal, so I'm also a little concerned about getting a refund. I'm rather expecting that I'll get a refund and be able to destroy the fake item, or give it to the police or eBay, but not to the seller anyway.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

@caming3 wrote:

eBay told me to wait until the 3 days to negotiate had expired, gave me a new return label, said I should return it to the seller, and then gave me a refund. In the 30 minutes since I contacted eBay today, the seller actually contacted me again saying I had been scamming people.

If as you said above eBay has given you a refund then you should send the items back to the seller, you can't have the refund and keep the goods.

If the refund hasn't been given then send the items back BUT have the parcel scanned over the counter at your PO and upload the tracking into the dispute.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 20
Latest reply

Just so you know - if you don't have enough funds in Paypal, Ebay will always take the money from your linked bank account.

The only other way around it is to pay via Paypal, but fund it with a Credit Card. 

That way you can at least approach your bank if something goes pear shaped.

What was the item number?

This will give us a good idea of the seller's rating and where they are registered.

Message 3 of 20
Latest reply

The one the OP left the neg for Jelly ?

Message 4 of 20
Latest reply

I didn't think you were meant to post fake items ? I am a bit confused, not sure if OP has been refunded or not, at least seller is in Oz

Message 5 of 20
Latest reply

The other buyers of the airpods were happy with their fakes just saying.

Message 6 of 20
Latest reply

Kat, I reckon I might have a few of those Maccas straws that seller is offering - wanna buy a few?original.gif

Message 7 of 20
Latest reply

@instylecollectables wrote:

The other buyers of the airpods were happy with their fakes just saying.

Sellers FB looks okay, I wonder what prompted the OP to get them checked, sure hope Apple have given the right innformation.

No thank you padi, I have enough straws LOL

Spoiler
images.jpgimages.jpgimages.jpgimages.jpgimages.jpgimages.jpg
Message 8 of 20
Latest reply

@katistrophik wrote:

Sellers FB looks okay, I wonder what prompted the OP to get them checked, sure hope Apple have given the right innformation.

Possibly the OP had a pair already and noticed a difference in packaging/appearance ?

https://www.techradar.com/au/how-to/fake-airpods-how-to-spot-if-your-apple-earbuds-are-the-real-deal

Spoiler
Don't suppose you want a PS4 box either then............

Message 9 of 20
Latest reply

No I don't want

Spoiler
want a PS4 box either ........Stop Stalking me with your fake deals - actually how much ?? Bank deposit ok?
Message 10 of 20
Latest reply