This seller won't sell to buyers who don't meet their requirements

n0gtail
Community Member

I'm unable to add items from several buyers due to the error: "This seller won't sell to buyers who don't meet their requirements"

Nosell.PNG

I get no other information to help resolve the issue, I have been a member for around a year and have almost 100 positive feedback as a buyer. I have also been able to sucessfully buy from some sellers that this is happening to in the past.

Any help or information would be awesome!

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

There are a range of blocks sellers can use. It could be that they only sell to certain post codes, particularly if delivery is by courier or the item is large and expensive to mail. Some sellers do not sell to buyers who use a post box instead of a street address.

I have blocks for buyers who have two or more unpaid item strikes against their accounts. ( people that buy an item, but dont pay for it ). This is one of the most common blocks used by sellers, as non paying buyers tie stock up for extended periods and just generally mess sellers around. I also have blocks for buyers accounts which are not phone verified. This helps prevent the Nigerian fraudsters from purchasing my items.

Sellers can also add individual buyers id,s to their blocked buyer list. It is up to the seller why they do this but common reasons can include buyers who make silly offers, send rude messages, buyers who leave a lot of Negative feedbacks for other sellers. etc. Basically anything that spells potential trouble. Sellers also sometimes share troublesome buyer id,s on external websites etc.

Looking at your feedback there are no obvious problems. The buyer blocks can be a bit of a blunt instrument at times, preventing genuine buyers from purchasing as well as the time wasters.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Ahhhh, I wondered what the message was when blocked buyers try to buy. Now I know! OP, have you not paid for anything in the last 365 days? No biggy if you have, but that would be the reason.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

why don't you just go back to your February thread where you asked the exact same question and posted the same pic

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Buying/This-seller-won-t-sell-to-buyers-who-don-t-meet-their/m-p/20...

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Oops, completely forgot I had asked this before.

I have only bought "buy it now" and have always payed immediately. I have phone verified my account and have my address set as a street adress (no PO box).

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

are the sellers in Australia or overseas?

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Overseas (mostly China)

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Have you not paid for anything? It's weird you're having trouble with China. Most of them don't have blocks in place, so even if you do have unpaid strikes against you, you can still buy. Have you tried just buying outright, rather than putting it in the cart?

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

ahhhh, China.

Hopefully they were only cheap items and you were able to find other sellers that sell the same things. 

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply