Time frame to leave feedback

Normally 60 days is plenty of time, but with Chinese sellers I don't think it is enough, considering the estimated delivery for most purchases from China is now over two months (well, the last day) according to eBay. Yes, we all know that it is just an estimate, but  for example if an item hasn't arrived yet and a Chinese seller starts saying that it is not the last day of the estimated delivery yet and they want you to wait, what do you do? Because you can still get your money back if an item doesn't arrive in 2 months (both through eBay and Paypal), however if you wait until the last day you can't leave feedback any more, and they know.

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

The Chinese sellers I buy from, the items generally arrive within 2-3 weeks, regardless of the estimate dates. Ive seen sellers mention it could take 2 months, but it's never happened. I am choosy who I buy from though, so maybe that makes a difference. Leave whatever feedback you like. You can always ask them to send a revion request if you'd decided to leave bad feedback and then want to change it. Just remember though, it's not the seller's fault that some stuff can take months to arrive.

Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

I guess the best you can do is look at their feedback before bidding. If they have several red dots for things not arriving, avoid them

At least Paypal give 5 months to get your money back if something does'nt turn up, but if being able to leave feedback to indicate as such is that important, personally I would avoid buying from China altogether 

Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

Usually my items also arrive in 2-3 weeks, but right now I am waiting for an item that has not arrived yet, and it is already about 6 weeks. The seller has let's say "normal" feedback for a Chinese seller (98.7% positive). I just find it funny that when I contacted them they asked to wait a bit longer and said that the item was sent without a tracking number, while I have a useless tn, you know, those numbers that are totally useless here. Funny the seller didn't know?? I will contact them again a few days before the 2 months are over and see if they help...

Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

Most of the negs are about quaility, although 2 are about items that never arrived.

Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

I prefer knowing my Aussie dollars are staying here providing more jobs even if it costs more.

And I think you are right, the Chinese sellers do know and work the system to their advantage.

Probably the reason many wait for 1-2 weeks before posting it.

image host
Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

Don't forget mariq, Chinese New Year will have had a profound effect on deliveries out of China - the whole country shuts down while that is on for a week or two.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

Yes, I know, I even told them that I am aware of Chinese New Year delays. I bought two other items around the same time and they both arrived a long time ago though.

It was allegedly sent from Hong Kong, and for some reason it seems to always take longer from HK, maybe because it is an autonomous territory (and obviously also very busy)? I have heard other people say it takes longer too.

Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

I have a seller that I deal with fairly frequently in HK, and his parcels usually arrive in about 3 weeks - well before the ETA. He is a smallish private seller though, so wouldn't be sending by the pallet-load from there.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

It is pretty small. It is also possible that AusPost lost it... They don't care much (actually not at all!) about these small parcels from China/HK, as there are obviously more parcels coming into the country than parcels sent to China from here, so it is not a profitable situation for AusPost with these small parcels from China.

Message 10 of 18
Latest reply