To E bayI Ordered an electric sewing mchn which is broken , Order Num 04-11288-42123 need refund

eugpi_18
Community Member

Hi E bay, 

I ordered a Hand held electric sewing machine which is broken and not working , the machine looks as though been stepped on accidentally of course, but the machine ,with new batteries just does not barely turn over, these machines are meant to work rapidly and do quick sewing jobs with ease this machine should exchanged or I should provided another similar type of item at same price inclusive of shipping and postage, could some one advise me what to do??? EMPires

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

To E bayI Ordered an electric sewing mchn which is broken , Order Num 04-11288-42123 need refund

Not eBay here

This is a member to member forum

You need to contact the seller

I would be wary of accepting a 'replacement' it case it was dodgy when sent

How long ago did you buy the item?

Other members cannot see anything from the order number

You need to read the buying basics so you know how things work

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Not eBay here

This is a member to member forum

You need to contact the seller

I would be wary of accepting a 'replacement' it case it was dodgy when sent

How long ago did you buy the item?

Other members cannot see anything from the order number

You need to read the buying basics so you know how things work

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Open an item not as described case,  and don't close it until you have a replacement in your hand, or a full refund,  even if the seller asks you to.

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Just to add to Sugar - if offered a replacement do not let the ' case ' time out.

Keep watch - don't fall for ' one has been sent '.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

Was it broken when you received it, or was it accidentally stood on after you got it... Strange  assumption.

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Not really Gutter - I took it as read - ' looks like ' - it has been stood on.

A lot of parcels - these days look as if they have been stood on. lol

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

But accidentally of course,

Damaged in transit, the last thing I would suspect was that it had been stood on

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

OK - squished.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

@gutterpunkz05 wrote:

Damaged in transit, the last thing I would suspect was that it had been stood on

Not the last thing I'd think off, one of the staff at Union Rd, PO in Surrey Hills, was seen walking on top of the pile of parcels stacked on the floor behind the counter. She is a small woman, but no excuse for what she did - probably still does, I no longer visit that PO.

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

@paper-jack wrote:

@gutterpunkz05 wrote:

Not the last thing I'd think off, one of the staff at Union Rd, PO in Surrey Hills, was seen walking on top of the pile of parcels stacked on the floor behind the counter. She is a small woman, but no excuse for what she did - probably still does, I no longer visit that PO.

I used to work for a private hospital in my rural NSW location. One day I was looking out the window while on my break, and the courier had arrived with some VERY sensitive medical equipment we were waiting for. I watched as both the workers KICKED the equipment out of the back of the courier van. Like seriously, drop kicked it. They were laughing about it "I kicked mine further than yours". It was before videos on mobile phones, but I rang the local courier company and told them what I saw. Both those workers were sacked on the spot. 2 patient's surgeries had to be cancelled that day because those 2 numpties decided to play football and the equipment was broken.

Moral of the story, people don't care. It's not their parcel, so they don't care what happens to it.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply