Toilet Paper sales

Isn't it about time that the parasites who trade in toilet paper on e bay for huge profits are removed? How about getting a backbone and removing all sites that sell this product and report them to the relevant state authorities for trading without a licence.

Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Toilet Paper sales

Why don't you get a backbone and do it?

And you report them

You are aware eBay do not read here so who are you talking to

Another whinging spammer who is all too happy to blap on but not actually do anything

Message 2 of 28
Latest reply

Toilet Paper sales

I agree. I have asked Gumtree the same question about refusing to facilitate profiteering. If there was a way to ask Ebay this question I would do it. They should reject any new listing that appeared after the coronavirus hit Australia. The same with Facebook marketplace. Otherwise these online companies are complicit in exploiting the vulnerable.

Message 3 of 28
Latest reply

Toilet Paper sales

@fraserwyatt wrote:

I agree. I have asked Gumtree the same question about refusing to facilitate profiteering. If there was a way to ask Ebay this question I would do it. They should reject any new listing that appeared after the coronavirus hit Australia. The same with Facebook marketplace. Otherwise these online companies are complicit in exploiting the vulnerable.

There's a Help button at the top and bottom of every page.

Here's an idea.........ring them and ask them.

Message 4 of 28
Latest reply

Toilet Paper sales

@fraserwyatt wrote:

This gives you their direct links without having to go through their rigmarole:

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/home

Just keep in mind that the Call option is only available during business hours,

(from 8am to 8pm AET Monday to Friday, and 9am to 7pm AET Saturday and Sunday).

Have us call you seems to be the best option.

Just scroll to the bottom of that page.

If you use the chat option and none of their "options" suit then select which may be closest to why you

want to contact as their "selections" are limited.

Message 5 of 28
Latest reply

Toilet Paper sales

Has anyone noticed how much of the outrage and spam threads are generated by first time posters on the boards?

Pity they don't read the boards before venting their anger.

Message 6 of 28
Latest reply

Toilet Paper sales

@lyndal1838 wrote:

Has anyone noticed how much of the outrage and spam threads are generated by first time posters on the boards?

Pity they don't read the boards before venting their anger.

It's certainly a difference to the norm

First time posters usually drag up years old threads to add nothing.

Now they're starting new threads to do the same.

I'm not sure what is better, apart from none of the above.

Message 7 of 28
Latest reply

Toilet Paper sales

@frog_001 wrote:

Isn't it about time that the parasites who trade in toilet paper on e bay for huge profits are removed? How about getting a backbone and removing all sites that sell this product and report them to the relevant state authorities for trading without a licence.

I have been trying to find an adjective low enough to fit these individuals. Thank you. Parasites is the word I was looking for. So IMO you have added something to this topic ๐Ÿ‘

Message 8 of 28
Latest reply

Toilet Paper sales

If only someone would manufacture toilet paper with a startling new design printed upon it: every single thread touching upon the topic.

It would make toilet time so much more interesting, surely.

(While it would certainly declutter these boards if all of the theads dealing with the coronavirus profiteering issue were merged into one, I don't expect it to happen, and at least the threads have the virtue of - by and large - having subject lines that give a very strong hint about the subject matter. This is a pleasant diversion from threads whose subjects say "Is this legit?" or "Beware" or "Need advice" or "What can do" or "Well eBay stop enough" or "Pretzel in cardbooard sorry you loose".)

Message 9 of 28
Latest reply

Toilet Paper sales

Oh goodie, another toilet paper thread. Just what we need. It's been all of a few hours since a new one was started.

Spoiler
YAY!
Spoiler
reading-on-toilet.gif
Spoiler
reading-on-toilet.gif
Message 10 of 28
Latest reply