Transaction past 6 months, escalated to ebay to assist resolving - how to leave negative feedback?

I bought a blouse Jul14, never received it. Contacted seller who says will send another. Haven't received it.

Asking seller for a refund, now he/she says no transaction record and doesn't know my buyer ID.

I printscreen from my paypal and attached to seller to prove I made payment with all transaction details (item id etc)

but seller just reply saying they can't find details.

I hope seller (toy8886) not being unethical and will refund me.

However, this experience has left a sour taste in my mouth and I would like to leave a negative feedback.

But item was paid for more than 6 months ago, and no link to leave feedback.

Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Transaction past 6 months, escalated to ebay to assist resolving - how to leave negative feedbac

tstore
Community Member

You can't do anything as you have left it too long. The seller could refund you but they can't be forced and neither can you leave any type of feedback after 60 days. eBay sent you automated feedback reminder after 30 days and reminded you you to open a PayPal dispute prior to the 45 day cut off for claims if there was anything wrong with the transaction. 

You have unfortunately no recourse now. 

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Re: Transaction past 6 months, escalated to ebay to assist resolving - how to leave negative feedbac

when you purchased it 6 months ago, you would have had a notice from Paypal that if there was a problemyou had 45days to lodge a dispute (and a further 20 days to escalate to a claim).... so, for 65 days you were covered with free Buyer protection by Paypal...

after that, no one can help you...   that was the limit of your free ''insurance'' that you'd get your item.

eBay allow 60days to leave feedback, after that the transaction is closed off for feedback.

read the rules learn how eBay works and you'll have a much better buyer experience in the future.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

@g0ingk00kies wrote:

I bought a blouse Jul14, never received it. Contacted seller who says will send another. Haven't received it.

Asking seller for a refund, now he/she says no transaction record and doesn't know my buyer ID.

I printscreen from my paypal and attached to seller to prove I made payment with all transaction details (item id etc)

but seller just reply saying they can't find details.

I hope seller (toy8886) not being unethical and will refund me.

However, this experience has left a sour taste in my mouth and I would like to leave a negative feedback.

But item was paid for more than 6 months ago, and no link to leave feedback.

Any suggestions?

g0ing, Can I ask you, why you left it sooooooooo long ?  You  should have open a Case much much much much much earlier. At this late stage, I'm afraid to say you have absolutely no recourse. In the future, open a case within the time limits & pay via paypal and then you are covered. ps, you also cannot name the seller on here. It will be removed shortly.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

97.9%  - over 2,000 unhappy Buyer Experiences (I know, as a percentage of sales that is perhaps not so high - but still,  will those 2,000 Buyers be running back to eBay ?)  But it's AOK, because the Seller is Chinese  Smiley LOL

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

This seller has had 2448 negs, neutrals, or revised feedbacks in the last 12 months, and even for a high-volume seller, that's a very large number of unsatisfied customers. A feedback percentage of 97.9% may not sound too bad but it represents an average of just over 2 **bleep**ed off buyers in every 100.

if that was an Australian seller, they'd have been NARU'd a long time ago. FGS, he has well in excess of 2100 defects, yet I know of local sellers who've been banned from selling because they had fewer than 10. Seems that if you make enough money for eBay you can get away with virtually anything.
Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

It is the percentage of defects compared to total sales so that explains why a high volume seller can take more 'hits'.  There may indeed be many more buyers who haven't left any feedback so the percentage of defects would be even lower. Not saying they are not a detriment to ebay and should be gone but you cannot assume that ebay are not following their policy by restricting or banning high defect sellers without all the information.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 7 of 7
Latest reply