Tried to ask seller question, informed seller doesnt do questions

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Sorry, brain attack...............again

anyhow, since when can I not ask a question in a live listing?

Why would eBay allow a seller to not answer questions?

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

I've come across this on the US site, where the seller feels that the answers given under "ask a question" are sufficient for the bidder/buyer, so they don't allow any other questions, I usually find another seller in cases like that if I need to query something on the listing.

It also gives them automatic 5 stars for communication I believe.....................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

@carolineshop.123 wrote:

Sorry, brain attack...............again

anyhow, since when can I not ask a question in a live listing?

Why would eBay allow a seller to not answer questions?

can you let us know exactly what the message said?

Sellers can set their message preferences to prevent blocked bidders from asking questions.

I've had this a lot from USA sellers who do not post to Australia i.e. I was a blocked bidder.  The exact wording will give us more of an idea as to why you can't ask q's.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Hello, thanks

The message didnt say I was a blocked bidder, but I might be (he he he)

I think the message just said 'this seller does not answer questions, check the answers provided' or something like that.

So,

you dont think eBay are letting sellers not answer potential buyers questions then, phew, I hope not 'cause eBay's inability to stop the same old fraudsters getting richer after all these years is making me sad and poor (bo hoo)

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

@carolineshop.123 wrote:

So,

you dont think eBay are letting sellers not answer potential buyers questions then, phew, I hope not 'cause eBay's inability to stop the same old fraudsters getting richer after all these years is making me sad and poor (bo hoo)

There is a setting on eBay US to block questions from all potential buyers, it is typically used by very high volume sellers who do not want to pay dedicated staff to answer messages all day.

If someone buys something from a seller with that block, then they can message as normal, but not before they make a purchase. I suppose those sellers think not having to pay staff to respond to enquiries is a worthwhile tradeoff for any sales they might lose - not saying I'd block questions myself, as a seller, but I can kinda see why some opt to do so.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

I am probably just blocked as I do recall asking this particular high volume, multiple account, ANTIQUE/ VINTAGE portable commodity fraudster to P*** O** quite a few years back. Other than that, without having purchased from the seller, all of the accounts which use the same fake stock (all purchased new from eBay) and have what look to me to be the same photographer and a template system with only slight variations but many similarities, all show up as 'in Australia', in nice places like Bondi and Rozzelle in NSW and probably every other state. I am pretty sure it is all just one seller so I may very well have been blocked, smart move too cause I'd probably buy something from a few of these accounts, work out a something with my posty so that the parcel was damaged or otherwise have attention drawn to it in transitthen have the fake gold and gemstones tested, while still in the possesion of Aus Post and get this Fraudster on Federal charges for counterfeit, or something like that... yeah sure thats what I'd do if I had a spare couple of hundred bucks but I dont, cause I'm broke cause I cant sell good stock on eBay Australia anymore cause this Fraudstick killed the groove.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply