Trying to cancel an order

I recently inadvertently committed to buy an item.Ebay sent me a reminder. I tried to get the seller to cancel it, but they said that the 5 day limit meant they could not. They also said that it did not matter. The ebay note said that the seller could cancel unilaterally on 10/Nov.

Now that I tried to buy something, that first item appears in my cart and I am given no choice. I did not know that, so I committed to buy another item, which I cannot buy without paying for the oldet item.

Where do I go from here if the seller of the first item simply will not cancel the order.

ANy help appreciated
Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If you didn't pay and it's still in your cart, you didn't buy it. The seller can't cancel if they haven't got a record of a purchase.

As far as I'm aware, until you pay (which would mean it's not in your cart), you can simply delete the item from your cart. I also believe you are able to pay for the other item, but I could well be wrong as I only put items in my cart that I intend to purchase. Generally immediately, but the cart needs to be used to get eBay discounts.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

If you didn't pay and it's still in your cart, you didn't buy it. The seller can't cancel if they haven't got a record of a purchase.

As far as I'm aware, until you pay (which would mean it's not in your cart), you can simply delete the item from your cart. I also believe you are able to pay for the other item, but I could well be wrong as I only put items in my cart that I intend to purchase. Generally immediately, but the cart needs to be used to get eBay discounts.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Thanks for the reply. But my problem AFAICS is that there is no Remove option, because I have _committed_ to buy, but not bought. (????). So my pyrchase is in limbo. I have not bought it so it sits there, but it will stay there, AFAICS at the mercy of the seller.

Actually we will never know: I have to assume that the seller has removed the sale as the item I did not want has disappeared from my cart.

So I will accept this as a solution thank you.
Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

For future reference, when paying for items from your cart you should have an option to "pay only for items from this seller" or words to that effect.

By clicking on that option, you can choose to only pay for some items in your cart.
Message 4 of 4
Latest reply