Trying to get a refund

After supplying my VIN and then being told it will fit, I went ahead and bought a new bumper on EBAY from large Australian online [EBAY] store.

The bumper does not fit, and I have been trying to get a refund now for more than 6-8 weeks now.

Last week I was suddenly advised "CASE CLOSED" by the seller and eBay - what the hell !!

Does anyone have any suggestions what I can do to have the case opened and properly resolved ??
Thankyou in advance,

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Trying to get a refund

You cannot re-open a closed case

Did you open the correct dispute within the time limit AND follow through with it before it timed out?

I can't tell you what the hell

eBay is all about the buyer and if the correct procedure was followed, there *should* have been no issue

What action(s) did you take in the (now) closed case?

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Trying to get a refund

Once a return case has been opened there is a time limit to resolve it ( I think 30 days?) , Then eBay automatically closes the case. If you have not been able to reach a satisfactory solution then you can ask eBay to step in from 5 days after the case is opened.

Generally if you haven't been able to sort it out within a week, ask eBay to step in. Many sellers ( especially dodgy ones) will try to drag things out so the case times out and they are Scot free!

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Trying to get a refund

Did you buy using paypal? 

If so, maybe open a claim with them but make sure you follow through with it.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Trying to get a refund

I did, and they were most helpful with full refund.

Clearly, while I was trying to be proactive trying to sort this out, the seller was cleverly drawing this out until the 30days? were up, and then the case was automatically closed.  EBay accepted the case was closed and there was no avenue to pursue it with them. Unbelievably this seller is still selling this same **bleep** thru eBay !!!

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Trying to get a refund

I am glad you were able to geta  refund.

Yes, some sellers on ebay will try to prolong the conversation to draw it out till it is over the 30 day limit.

It is up to a buyer not to let them get away with it. If you open an ebay claim, you need to do it fairly early in the piece, soon after it arrives or after the ETA, and then you need to monitor it and follow up with it. If you do nothing, it will time out, as you found.

Hopefully, you will never be in the position where you need to make a claim again but keep it in mind. It's the same deal with paypal. Paypal will sometimes issue an automatic refund but if they don't, you also need to follow through to finalise any claim.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply