Two parcels astray in one day

hus2385
Community Member

After such run of good luck receiving parcels (even getting through the GSP unscathed!) it seems I have hit a snag heh

Two parcels, one from SA and one from the US hit all the usual tracking points and were marked as "Delivered" early this morning (albeit with a 20min gap between them) But they weren't in my letterbox nor were cards left.

Got onto Aust Post as soon as practicable, and AP said they would get onto the driver/s and the local sorting office to see if they can be located. Both reasonably medium-size items less chance of falling down the back of a desk somewhere lol

For the several days it will take to get back to me, they seem pretty proactive about getting onto it...no complaints there. I am a little concerned now about a much nore expensive item which has not been shipped as yet,,,and whether it will also disappear into the ether 😛

But I think that's just the paranoia talking heh

But having both parcels marked as delivered there is no recourse on monies spent if they have indeed disappeared, as would be the case with missing items and buyer protection.

I know, I'm rambling a little! and will have to be patient. Not one of ny virtues Lol

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I had one parcel that was marked as "delivered" but parcel was NOT delivered to me as stated on my Ebay site Then lo & behold 3 days later was delivered to my door and yes I was a bit concerned by it.
So I would say the parcels will arrive shortly.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Before ringing AP did you have a look around your property in case the items were safe dropped and then ask at your local post office in case they were delivered there?

It is quite common for cards not to be left or to blow away.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Two other possibilities. If you have lost two parcels in one day, is there a new AP driver who has mixed up your address with some-one else. ? ( it happens ) Second possibility, Is your mail secure ? Could some-one walking by see the parcels and help themselves ? If so it is not really AP,s fault unless the parcels where marked "do not safe drop" or where meant to be signed for.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

I had one parcel that was marked as "delivered" but parcel was NOT delivered to me as stated on my Ebay site Then lo & behold 3 days later was delivered to my door and yes I was a bit concerned by it.
So I would say the parcels will arrive shortly.
Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

hus2385
Community Member

Many apologies for the late replies everyone - have had a few health issues lately so I wasn't online.

Yes lyndal, had a good look around,  there were no cards and my letterbox is secure. I do have good news though (and here I must give props to Aust Post) - as much as things do go awry they were great in this instance - the parcels were located having gone back to the sorting facility. I could have been bowled over quite easily that they were *delivered to the door* 3 days later! I wasn't capable of getting out to pick anything up...and I didn't even request it either. A red letter day for sure, no pun intended lol

Thanks to those who replied to my post, I really appreciate  it 🙂 Sorry I wasn't able to update until this point.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

I got a message on Friday12 June in the morning from a buyer who advised AP had marked her article as have being delivered and she had not received.  She was worried it had been delivered to the wrong address.

When i chekced the AP website it stated the item had been delivered on "Saturday 13th June". That is today???? I responded to the buyer advising of this.

So AP had marked as delivered a day early!!!!

I receieved a message latte yesturday afternoon that is actually had been delivered later that day

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply