USPS tracking info changed

hus2385
Community Member

Hey, everyone 🙂 

Been a bit of a while in between US purchases (ok I assume they are US-based lol) and there are not only new tracking prefixes (UJ/UM instead of LK/LJ etc) but an apparent 3rd-party is now involved. I am getting tracking info stating this "Departed Shipping Partner Facility, USPS Awaiting Item" and in one instance, this status hasn't moved for 1 1/2 weeks.

Anyone else experienced this? Am guessing its just a way of cost-cutting for USPS, no matter how much slower it is

Plus "First class International" seems to have morphed into "International letter", unless I'm missing something. 

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: USPS tracking info changed

I'll say USPS 1st Class International has gone international.

My purchase was registered and arrived at post office on 07 Jul, and then was sent on to and departed from New York on 09 Jul.  Then I got a message on 10 Jul it had departed from NY and was en route to destination.  Pretty good so far.

Tonight I get an update on USPS to say my item has now departed from a transfer airport....in Dubai United Arab Emirates.

Hopefully the next stop is Oz...but who knows?  I've never seen a US parcel go through Dubai before.  Fingers crossed!

Message 11 of 20
Latest reply

They're obviously trying to reinforce the blockade.

Message 12 of 20
Latest reply

I had the same problem 2 weeks ago with USPS 1st class international parcel, did a couple of rounds in America, then to Dubai and left Dubai for Australia, kept checking the tracking info, Still in transit and then I copy and pasted the tracking number into Australia Post and it then came up arrived Welshpool WA and had been there for 5 days and then another 2 days before I received it.

I was only using the tracking number the seller gave me and I guess once its scanned in Australia you then you can use Australia Post as that is where I found the info and that it had been sitting at Welshpool

All up it was 13 days when I received it.

Message 13 of 20
Latest reply

I had recently a package sent with a tracking number starting in UJ-- should I take it as lost? Like your case, the status hasn't changed since 5 days from "USPS waiting"
Message 14 of 20
Latest reply

I don't understand how a tracking number prefix could indicate it was lost? When was it posted and where was it posted from?

Message 15 of 20
Latest reply

How do you workout that it is lost after 5 days?  And what has the prefix got to do with anything?

It ia all but impossible to receive a parcel from the USA in 5 days.

Just because tracking has not been updated it does not follow that it is lost.

Message 16 of 20
Latest reply

5 business days or is there a Sat or Sun in there somewhere?  That would probably extend the time (especially at the Aust Post end).

Message 17 of 20
Latest reply

Ok, sorry I didn't want to imply that the tracking number indicated being lost itself.

The thing is I've bought some items from USA recently (less than 3 months ago) and the prefix of First Class International had always been something starting with letters LC and even with that in mind, tracking had always shown how the items were moving at least starting from an USPS Postal Office.

On the other hand, this was the first time I see a tracking code starting in UJ. It seems UJ has replaced LC because the tracking info says "International Letter" being the same kind of shipping as with First Class International in the past.

This is the first time I see the updated status saying "Departed Shipping Partner Facility, USPS Awaiting Item" since July 11. As today, July 20th Ive no other status -I don't know if USPS has received the package at all to start the shipping process - so that's why I take it as lost.

Smiley Sad

Message 18 of 20
Latest reply

We get numerous airmail shipment from USA every month and quite often the tracking will show Dubai as being a transit point.

I have always assumed this is because USPS  use diiferent freight services for their transaport needs, depending on where the spare freight capacity is under their contract terms.

In the case of shipments transitting Dubai it is possible they have used Emirates as the carrier of the goods.

Message 19 of 20
Latest reply

@mllzmex1 wrote:

On the other hand, this was the first time I see a tracking code starting in UJ. It seems UJ has replaced LC because the tracking info says "International Letter" being the same kind of shipping as with First Class International in the past.

An International Letter is not the same as a First Class International Parcel....completely different services.
As far as I am aware the International Letter is not fully trackable.  You may see where it has been posted and then th next tracking event may be whe it arrives in Australia or even when it is delivered.
Message 20 of 20
Latest reply