.Unfair postage

hytiteto
Community Member

I have purchased 18 wigs from a seller who split the order into 2 separate orders then charged me postage $78 U.S for 10 wigs and $74 Euro for the last 8. I then receive all 18 wigs in one parcel from Beijing china with the seller being charged 490.00 yuan postage.I have requested refund of some of my money but the seller is saying that I am cheating them. All up I have paid $199.91 Aud for postage of a bag weighing in at 2902 grams.

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: .Unfair postage

@hytiteto wrote:

I have purchased 18 wigs from a seller who split the order into 2 separate orders then charged me postage $78 U.S for 10 wigs and $74 Euro for the last 8. I then receive all 18 wigs in one parcel from Beijing china with the seller being charged 490.00 yuan postage.I have requested refund of some of my money but the seller is saying that I am cheating them. All up I have paid $199.91 Aud for postage of a bag weighing in at 2902 grams.

OP others may think it is ok to be ripped off $100s of dollars for post - lol - but they only apply ebay policy as suits them to admonish OPs-  as I suggested open an item not as described via paypal if you paid that way.  Detail that two separate payments were made, including significant amounts for two separate post amounts, and that you are seeking a partial refund for one of the post charges, as the goods and post provided are not as described according to invoices issued and paid for in two payments, and the goods were not posted in accordance with paypal policy - which you of course assumed they would be, or you would have tried to negotiate a lower post price for one parcel only.   

I have had success a few years ago with post pirate sellers that all issued partial refunds when the matter was escalated to a paypal dispute.

Message 11 of 17
Latest reply

Thankyou for your reply,
Because of the 2 different currencies and postage charges, I assumed the items were coming from 2 different stores, not from the one store that was in neither Europe or America.
Message 12 of 17
Latest reply

Thank you for your reply,
I thought that this was a forum for people to get answers to problems that they might have not to be abused.
Message 13 of 17
Latest reply

Thank you for your reply.
Yes I did know and was happy with the postage costs for each transaction. I am not happy however that the seller can charge me Euro for 1 parcel and U.S for the other parcel and end up receiving one parcel from china.
Message 14 of 17
Latest reply

Thank you for your reply,
I had also received emails from Ebay stating:
This listing was removed by eBay. If you already paid for the item, we recommend that you wait 10 days from the expected delivery date to see if the item arrives. If you did not pay, you are no longer obligated to pay for this item. If you have a problem with the purchase, you can resolve the problem by filing a claim through our resolution centre.
Message 15 of 17
Latest reply

Thank you for your reply
Message 16 of 17
Latest reply

Thank you for your feed back
Message 17 of 17
Latest reply