Unpaid item case, not fair

I believe Ebay will allow a buyer to cancel an order within 1 hour, seller 30 days.

I recently bought a part for my daughters car. A friend showed up shortly after doing so and fixed the issue at no cost and without needing any parts. Within a  few hours of the purchase I very politely and sincerely contacted the seller explaining the situation and asked if he would cancel order and I offered to pay any fees incured, if any. Being on a pension I can not afford something I don't need. The seller did not reply and opened an unpaid item case.

I have been on Ebay for almost 9 years, have a history from day one of 100% feedback rating. Yes an unblemished record from day one. The seller in question has a 98% feedback rating.

I think it is very unfair given the circumstances, my long unblemished record and the fact that the seller is being very unreasonable that this single non serious issue be recorded against my account and restrictions applied. I think buyers should be allowed 1 unpaid item every year or so. 

Very very unfair. 

Message 1 of 42
Latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

If you have restrictions against your account,you need to call ebay as this should only happen if you have 2 unpaid strikes against you

You still have your 100% feedback

Many many people here a struggling to make ends meet, so please don't bring the pensioner side into things. How do you know this seller is not a pensioner too, or that their % has not been due to 'unfair' 'non-issues' ? 

Message 2 of 42
Latest reply

@karen-1965-storewrote:

I believe Ebay will allow a buyer to cancel an order within 1 hour, seller 30 days.

I think buyers should be allowed 1 unpaid item every year or so. 

Your first comment used to apply but no longer does, so a seller can open a UPI case, and many sellers set it so that the case opens automatically after 4 days of non-payment.

If you only have one strike for a UPI in 12 months then there is no effect on you as a buyer with seller's BBL's.

Of more concern for sellers may be the amount of difficulties you've had with past transactions............just sayin'

Edit. G'day bear, my turn to be slow tonight..................sigh.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 3 of 42
Latest reply

I will bring the pensioner side into it if I so please, and your points on this matter make no sense at all. Given your post count I am not surprised at your comments. I did read his negative feedback, sounds like he deserved it to me.

What I would like to hear is:
1) if people agree/disagree with the punishment, does it fit the crime, given my record.
2) Is the seller being unreasonable given I contacted him soon after purchase and offered to pay any fees.

Message 4 of 42
Latest reply

How do my points make no sense?

A person only has restrictions placed on their account if they have two or more unpaid strikes against them

A buyer can only get positive feedback from sellers and so you still have 100% positive feedback

What has my post count got to do with anything at all ? 

Message 5 of 42
Latest reply

Quote "Of more concern for sellers may be the amount of difficulties you've had with past transactions............just sayin'"End quote

I agree. FWIW this seller has only been on Ebay for 4 years and sells one item on average every 4-5 days.
Message 6 of 42
Latest reply

Quote"How do my points make no sense?"End quote

read my post again, I was reffering to your point about being on a pension.
Message 7 of 42
Latest reply

Quote"If you only have one strike for a UPI in 12 months then there is no effect on you as a buyer with seller's BBL's."End quote

Thanks for that info. I have nothing to worry about then, if I understand that correctly.

Message 8 of 42
Latest reply

I will call Ebay later this morning anyway, just to clarify.

I still think this seller is an unreasonable sod. Probably nothing I can do, but can't hurt to ask.
Message 9 of 42
Latest reply

karen, to be honest you being on a pension is irrelevant (and the amount of times buyers bring that up with sellers to get a cancellation or whatever, makes many sellers ignore it as possibly being untruthful and I'm not saying that that is the case for you).

The point is your seller has opened a UPI against you, as is his or her right as a seller. As both bear and myself have said that will have NO EFFECT on your buying ability if that is the only strike you've had in 12 months.

But, it may well be that your seller has gone down the UPI road after seeing your past "difficulties" on eBay, since if a UPI dispute goes through neither party can leave feedback.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 10 of 42
Latest reply