Unpaid item case

Hi Folks, I''m relatively new to ebay so need some assistance/advice. I decided to purchase an item but when I went to the payment page the P&P was very expensive so I contacted the seller with a cancellation request and they kindly replied saying check my email as they have sent a cancellation request. I did not get the request and theres no option in the drop down menu on the purchased item to cancel the transaction. I've now received an email from eBay requesting payment, what do I do??

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Unpaid item case

was the p&p not mentioned in the listing?

Or something along the lines of 'contact seller for postage' ?

Could you please post the item number

(and that is right, as a buyer, you cannot cancel something you have commited to buy, only the seller can do that)

*Edit

also you are on the ebay Australia boards ,did you buy an item located in Australia? 

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

Unpaid item case

mic, you're on the Australian boards.

Welcome to the antipodies........................original.gif

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

Unpaid item case

Can't find the item number, P&P was 2.69 but when I clicked pay it changed to 37.31

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/322191840795?_trksid=p2057872.m2748.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

Unpaid item case

Didn't realise I was on the Australian board Smiley Surprised Sure we're all one big family anyway.

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

Unpaid item case

To be sure, my mum was Irish as well.......................beer-smiley.gif

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

Unpaid item case

@micdowl-y1ah8s wrote:

Didn't realise I was on the Australian board Smiley Surprised Sure we're all one big family anyway.

True. But eBay rules are country specific.

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

Unpaid item case

EBay automatically sends a payment reminder after 2 days if you haven't paid. It's an automated email. I checked that listing and it said 2.69 for me in Australia too, so not sure why it would change to 37 when you go to pay. Did you only buy 1 lot of the 6? I noticed the seller said there is no combining of shipping for multiple orders, which is why I'm asking if you only bought one. 

Send the seller another message requesting the cancellation and explain again why. If they don't send it, there's not much you can do. They may open an unpaid item dispute. If you have no other unpaid items recorded on your account it's not going to affect you having one, as long as you don't get another one within 12 months.

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

Unpaid item case

Yeah I bought 12 of them but didn't see the " no combining of shipping for multiple orders" and when I realised I contacted the seller who said they were sending a cancellation email but I never got it and now have An unpaid item case. I contacted support on eBay Ireland Smiley Very Happy and he said they'd sort it out.

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

Unpaid item case

Don't worry overly.

As tippy said, even if the unpaid item claim was decided in the seller's favour, it is only one strike against you, which would not show and would not affect your ability to buy from anyone. After a while it drops off you record anyway.

It's only if it happens a couple of times in a short while that you could find some sellers had blocks against buyers with 2 strikes or more.

Whenever you are buying anything on ebay, especially anything listed as overseas, it always pays to double check postage costs to avoid nasty surprises. If you want to buy multiples & a seller offers combined postage, even then it pays to ask beforehand how much that will be as sometimes it doesn't bring the price down a lot.

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply