Unresponsive Seller: Help?

I'm based in Australia, as well as the seller.  The seller has plenty of reviews and been around since 09 with 100% positive feedback! The feedback consisted of 'Really fast! Great communication! Great seller!' So... I spent $55 on a figure for a friend for Christmas Dec 4th. The status of said purchase has been left as paid ever since, and there's still no sign of any delivery yet. 

On Dec 14, the day before the end of the estimated delivery thingy ended, I sent a follow up on when it would be delivered. I really needed it by Dec 25th! But... To no avail, still no reply. 

I'm sorry, I don't know if I'm impatient or too paranoid. I went above my gift budget even though money's tight, and knowing I might've just been scammed out of $55 is a big blow. 

What do I do? I know, I know. It's been 13 days!! Give them a break!! But our territories literally reside next to each other. Is it that hard to ship out fast??? If that sounded really self-absorbed, my bad. Just having a hard time and don't know what to do... Any advice would be greatly appreciated!! (And if it's just to shut up and stop being so paranoid. Honestly. I'll take that too) 

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
5 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Read & use the eBay Money Back Guarantee.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

As it is now past the estimated delivery date, you can open a case for INR.

The seller will then have the opportunity to reply before the case is escalated to eBay (for them to step in).

Any new purchases after yours (you can go to the seller's sold items to see that) and new feedback? Any sign that the seller has been online? 

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

As the others said, open a dispute for INR (item not received). As soon as the dispute allows you to ask ebay to step in and help, do it. That way you'll get your money back. It is vitally important that you do ask ebay to step in and help if the seller doesn't refund themselves, otherwise it will time out and you won't get a refund.

Go to the item in your purchase history. Assuming you are on a computer, click the dropdown on the right and select either report a problem, or I didn't receive my item (It's been ages since I bought anything, so can't remember what the options are in the dropdown and it's been too long ago to check). Then follow the prompts.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

No, you're not being paranoid.

If you bought on Dec 4th, you've every right to expect that either the items would have been delivered or you would have up to date tracking details. I have bought several things on another site on dates 6/12, 9/12 & 11/12 and they have all been delivered. Not that my case is the same as yours, just saying you should have seen some movement.

$55 is a fair bit to spend and you can't afford to be losing it at this time of year. It also puts you in an awkward position with a gift because of course you want it before the 25th.

The fact there has been absolutely no reply is also a worry. Something sounds far wrong. I suspect your item has not even been posted. 

Do exactly as tipping point has said. be careful you follow every step she has outlined. This will see you with your money back.

If you have to follow this path and get a refund, leave appropriate negative feedback. Don't mention a dispute, just say you ordered 4th Dec, received no replies to messages and the product was never posted. That way other buyers have a heads up.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Just on a side note, keep track of the sellers feedback now. If they’ve sold other items and other buyers have also not received, two things come to mind. 

(1)…. Hijacked account.

(2) … the seller has experienced an ‘event’ and possibly is unable to attend to eBay stuff right now. (Events like medical event, life crisis, tragedy etc). 

Get your Item Not Received case started now.  

Please keep us up to date.  
Good luck 🤞

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Read & use the eBay Money Back Guarantee.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

As it is now past the estimated delivery date, you can open a case for INR.

The seller will then have the opportunity to reply before the case is escalated to eBay (for them to step in).

Any new purchases after yours (you can go to the seller's sold items to see that) and new feedback? Any sign that the seller has been online? 

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

As the others said, open a dispute for INR (item not received). As soon as the dispute allows you to ask ebay to step in and help, do it. That way you'll get your money back. It is vitally important that you do ask ebay to step in and help if the seller doesn't refund themselves, otherwise it will time out and you won't get a refund.

Go to the item in your purchase history. Assuming you are on a computer, click the dropdown on the right and select either report a problem, or I didn't receive my item (It's been ages since I bought anything, so can't remember what the options are in the dropdown and it's been too long ago to check). Then follow the prompts.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

No, you're not being paranoid.

If you bought on Dec 4th, you've every right to expect that either the items would have been delivered or you would have up to date tracking details. I have bought several things on another site on dates 6/12, 9/12 & 11/12 and they have all been delivered. Not that my case is the same as yours, just saying you should have seen some movement.

$55 is a fair bit to spend and you can't afford to be losing it at this time of year. It also puts you in an awkward position with a gift because of course you want it before the 25th.

The fact there has been absolutely no reply is also a worry. Something sounds far wrong. I suspect your item has not even been posted. 

Do exactly as tipping point has said. be careful you follow every step she has outlined. This will see you with your money back.

If you have to follow this path and get a refund, leave appropriate negative feedback. Don't mention a dispute, just say you ordered 4th Dec, received no replies to messages and the product was never posted. That way other buyers have a heads up.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Just on a side note, keep track of the sellers feedback now. If they’ve sold other items and other buyers have also not received, two things come to mind. 

(1)…. Hijacked account.

(2) … the seller has experienced an ‘event’ and possibly is unable to attend to eBay stuff right now. (Events like medical event, life crisis, tragedy etc). 

Get your Item Not Received case started now.  

Please keep us up to date.  
Good luck 🤞

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Hello everyone, a little update on this!

Following the first two replies I saw, I immediately opened an INR dispute. 

After creating the INR case, I believe it was around 1 or 2 hours later? I'm not sure, I was up quite late when I finally got a response from the seller.

The seller was very apologetic, and explained their situation. They had made a mistake regarding their status on eBay and left it as online, albeit they had things going on they had to attend to in life. They said they would deliver it as soon as possible, as well as include some goodies to emphasise on their apology. 

And it's not like I got mad or anything. I was really pleased with that response tbh! It's fine to make mistakes, even if it had me on edge for the whole time. A lotta weight got lifted off my shoulders when I read their reply! Soooo... To conclude. Thanks to everyone's advice, I had gotten a response from the seller as well as a delivery otw! 

Thank you all so much! If anything else comes up, you'll see me back here for more advice! 

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Protect your interests and do not close the case until the item actually arrives.

You never know......

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Definitely!! I'm not that air-headed!! Hoping to see it soon enough though 😅

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

That's great news you got a response.

I am glad you are keeping the case open till the item arrives though.

It sounds as if the seller may have been distracted but all the same, it isn't impressive that they were able to respond within 2 hours to the ebay case but ignored your earlier messages, which I suspect they saw.

Hope all goes well from here on.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply