Vindictive seller plan backfires and she still doesn't get it.

This is is hilarious, so put the kettle on make a sandwich too it could be a bit of an adventure, there may even be more updates before I've ficnished this post.

It all began innocently enough with a search for a battery for my m/cycle with over 300CCA I found what I wanted 325CCA 101 bucks done. Then I realise there's a 10% coupon so I order another one pay for it as it's Friday and send a message saying what I did and to only send one and refund the other. 

I give them the item ID. She says she can't see any coupon. I said, don't you worry about that, you don't see it you just need to refund the one whose item number I gave. Then I get two delivery notices. I phone them up and, (let's call her "REMOVED" because that is her name) REMOVED, tells me it hasn't been sent that was an automatic mail. So I say, good I just wanted to make sure you didn't send two.

Then she's back onto the not being able to tell which one is which. When I try to tell her they they have different numbers at both ebay and paypal, she wants to talk over me and tell me I don't understand. I may have called her an idiot, which in retrospect is fair enough.

So I decide to innitiate a return because that way she doesn't have to work out how numbers work. Then she sends me an ebay message saying that because I've started a return she can't cancel it. Whatever, but then she indicates that she's going to send it to me anyway and I'll have to send it back, because er... it's a return.

At this point I asked ebay to step in and just explain to her that to send me a parcel that they know they are going to refund to me in order that I can send it back, is just plain stupid. It's just trolling customers. 

Now it starts to get good...

Today I get a delivery, it has two batteries in it. Sarah the wily vixen has found a way to send it to me for free so that I have to pay to send it back... well done Sarah.

So the first thing I do is look at the battery box because I want to see that big beautiful 325 CCA writting in a reassuringly bold font. But it is not there, nor on the battery. A spec search lists the CCA as 235. Exactly what I don't want.

So apart from the fact that I've just wasted 5 days waiting for a battery that I can't use, I now see that because there is a rather serious error in the listing, albeit a typo but an error nonetheless and a crucial error  because it was the 325CCA that made me press the buy button, I'd never have bought it if it was listed at 235. 

OK you think that's it right, nothing complicated here, they have to pay the postage due to their error, I write a message to Sarah explaining the situation and comiserating with her on the failure of her otherwise spendid plan to make me pay for the battery return. The I supply screenshots of their specs and the actual specs so I prove to her that the listing is wrong. 

REMOVED's having none of it, she doesn't care that the listing is wrong and I've proved it, she sends me a message saying...

REMOVED writes...

I have already told you what you need to do. You continue to insult me and be rude about when all I tired to was to help you in the first place. If you would like a refund please return the items, until then I can not assist you Thanks

I respond...

I have already told you what you need to do. You continue to insult me and be rude about when all I tired to was to help you in the first place. If you would like a refund please return the items, until then I can not assist you Thanks

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

thanks for posting on these boards.  Very enlightening!

Just a question, why would you reply with the exact same wording as Sarah Seller? . . . . . . you were the buyer, and the message you sent makes no sense!

edit: and please do keep us updated.

Spoiler
APRIL
Message 2 of 19
Latest reply

" and send a message saying what I did and to only send one and refund the other. "

A polite request to cancel from a buyer who did not do their due diligence prior to buying may have seen a different outcome.

". I may have called her an idiot,"

That's always a smart move.

"So I decide to innitiate a return "

Before you receive the item?

Another smart move.

" I now see that because there is a rather serious error in the listing, "

That's the shot...always look closely at a listing after everything goes pear shaped.

" nothing complicated here,"

Ya think?

Looks to me like a buyer & seller who deserve each other.

Message 3 of 19
Latest reply

"and please do keep us updated."

Image result for pass the popcorn pictures

Message 4 of 19
Latest reply

This should make a few battery sellers quake in their boots and reach for the BBL in a hurry.

Message 5 of 19
Latest reply

@kloor

Ha well spotted, that was an error my response should have read...

REMOVED writes back...

You sent a message
MessageYou are the one who was rude from the very beginning. I have told you not what I want you to do, but what you HAVE to do. You told me what you want me to do which I do not have to do. You see, you are an idiot, you are insisting I send the item back when I've just proved to you twice that it is your error therefore you have to pay.

@tuckcase

There's always one isn't there. Why do you feel the need to be pointlessly sarcastic. You boorish implications are more suited to ebay 1.0. Yes it's very simple, the one to cancel is the item number I gave. Oh should I have done my 'due dilligence' should I, well what is that, it's reading the small print in the frikken ad is it not? Which is what I did but the small print was wrong so if THEY did their due dilligence I'd not have bought it. But thanks so much for your helpful post anyway.

Message 6 of 19
Latest reply

it’s the sense of entitlement by buying a second and telling the seller to refund the first that first caught my eye . . . . . that, and the early message name calling and feeling that that was justified!

Message 7 of 19
Latest reply

". But thanks so much for your helpful post anyway."

You're welcome.

If the item is indeed not as described why not just open a SNAD?

Has to be easier than exchanging hostile messages.

Um...if you want a refund the items do have to be returned.

Message 8 of 19
Latest reply

@sea.breeze wrote:

@kloor

Ha well spotted, that was an error my response should have read...

Sarah writes back...

You sent a message
MessageYou are the one who was rude from the very beginning. I have told you not what I want you to do, but what you HAVE to do. You told me what you want me to do which I do not have to do. You see, you are an idiot, you are insisting I send the item back when I've just proved to you twice that it is your error therefore you have to pay.

@tuckcase

There's always one isn't there. Why do you feel the need to be pointlessly sarcastic. You boorish implications are more suited to ebay 1.0. Yes it's very simple, the one to cancel is the item number I gave. Oh should I have done my 'due dilligence' should I, well what is that, it's reading the small print in the frikken ad is it not? Which is what I did but the small print was wrong so if THEY did their due dilligence I'd not have bought it. But thanks so much for your helpful post anyway.

You are the one who was rude from the very beginning. I have told you not what I want you to do, but what you HAVE to do.

My reading of your opening post has you calling her an idiot before she was rude.

Also, please show me where in eBay policy that it states that when a buyer buys a second identical item the seller has to refund the first!

You told the seller to refund the first sale before you discovered that the item was incorrectly described.  Only after the item capacity was discovered to be misrepresented is the seller under any obligation to refund.

Message 9 of 19
Latest reply

Sorry, but as you would be beginning to realise, you are not going to get much simpathy here. You were in the wrong to start with and perhaps you might have to suck it up and apologise before negotiating the return now that you know it is the wrong battery. 

Latest reply