WARNING

RAV 4 2003 2005

Toyota Australia has recalled more than 181,000 cars over concerns customers could be harmed by faulty airbags.

The sweeping campaign takes in several popular models including the Corolla, Yaris and Echo hatchbacks as well as the RAV4 SUV and Avensis Verso people movers built between 2003 and 2007.

The manufacturer's best-selling Corolla small car was hardest hit, with 75,119 examples built from May 2003 to March 2007 requiring attention.

Around 45,000 examples of the popular Yaris hatchback are also affected by the recall, along with nearly 29,000 RAV4 models.

One I was watching on ebay a BLACK 3 door also listed as running rough actually I was told by buyer it had low compression on two cylinders suggesting head gasket had blown, or at least head needed remving or replacing costing over $800.

he relisted it without divulging this information BUYER BEWARE

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

WARNING

And that relates to faulty airbags how?

I'm not a mechanic, but I'm fairly sure that airbags, faulty or not, don't affect engine performance. Or enhance your credibility.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

WARNING

go-tazz
Community Member

@steve_gee wrote:

RAV 4 2003 2005

Toyota Australia has recalled more than 181,000 cars over concerns customers could be harmed by faulty airbags.

The sweeping campaign takes in several popular models including the Corolla, Yaris and Echo hatchbacks as well as the RAV4 SUV and Avensis Verso people movers built between 2003 and 2007.

The manufacturer's best-selling Corolla small car was hardest hit, with 75,119 examples built from May 2003 to March 2007 requiring attention.

Around 45,000 examples of the popular Yaris hatchback are also affected by the recall, along with nearly 29,000 RAV4 models.

It also affect Nissan cars:

http://www.news.com.au/national/toyota-and-nissan-recall-280000-vehicles-over-airbags-that-could-spr...

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

WARNING

@davewil1964 wrote:

And that relates to faulty airbags how?

I'm not a mechanic, but I'm fairly sure that airbags, faulty or not, don't affect engine performance. Or enhance your credibility.

Could make the difference between life or death though..........

Thank you for the post OP........most of us will take it in the spirit in which it was intended.

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply