Blatant lie by Australia Post

cq_tech
Community Member

Received an email today telling me to expect delivery of an item I purchased from Melbourne last Monday so I intentionally stayed in during the afternoon, which is when the courier usually delivers parcels. Come nightfall there's still been no delivery so I checked the mailbox to see if it had been carded by the postie instead, who delivers well before midday (even though I was home anyway), but there's no card either.

So I log on to AP to check the tracking disposition and what I see is posted below. According to somebody, delivery was attempted at 14:42 yet that's a blatant lie as I was watching TV at the time and both the driveway and mailbox are in clear view while I'm doing so. I'm assuming that my item is now at my local LPO and it's a good thing they know me well because I don't have a card to present when I go there in the morning to collect my item.

There's no point complaining to them as it's not their fault, and they're really nice people anyway, but I'm still pretty savage, not so much about having to wait an extra day for my item, but the fact that they told me a bald-faced lie. I'll be waiting for the postie in the morning and asking if she had any parcels for me, although I suspect it was the contractor running late and he didn't even bother stopping at my place. Had he done so, he would have at least left a card if I'd not been there, but I was, and I know for an absolute fact that he never even made an attempt.

I've already sent a written complaint to AP and it will be interesting to see what they have to say about their appalling service, especially the fact that the driver had no problem lying on his run sheet. Really makes me want to trust him in the future. Not.

2015-05-07 23-19-29.png

Message 1 of 55
Latest reply
54 REPLIES 54

I have a conspiracy theory for you CQ, I reckon that apart from canning your listings they've dobbed you into AP who'll now also do the dirty on you.

Spoiler
"drops a block of ice into the glass and adds 12yo GD............................"       
Spoiler
"awaits retribution for being flippant.......................slap-smiley-face.gif......................"

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 55
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

CQ I would be asking why they could not gain access.....do you have a high fence or a locked gate?

I once got a substitute contractor into trouble for using that excuse when I proved that the driveway had no gate at all and the fence was so low that my children used to walk over it rather than use the path.

Message 3 of 55
Latest reply

lyndal the diveway was probably littered with unsaleable bits that constituted a tripping hazard to the postie's bike/contractors shoes.

Spoiler
Gets head slapped and retires to the norti room for an extended stay....................slap.gif

Message 4 of 55
Latest reply

Lyn, I suspect that "Unable to gain access" might be one of their stock answers but it was a pretty bad choice as I don't have a front fence, nor a gate. At least, not until you walk up my driveway to the front of the house where the property is blocked from the street by a full-width 2m gated fence.

Being a high-set house, if I'm not at home and no signature is required my usual contractor stands on the sill of his van's door which is about 2 feet off the ground and places or throws the item onto the balcony, something I asked him to do a long time ago. Even if it was something too large or heavy to toss up there, he would still card it and take it down to my local LPO so it clearly wasn't my regular delivery fellow.

Message 5 of 55
Latest reply

Ask them why this has happened on their facebook page CQ.
Message 6 of 55
Latest reply

Good idea harley babe. I've already complained through official channels, and to top it all off, I received another tracking notice from AP this morning, telling me that my parcel was awaiting pick-up at my local LPO. Better late than never, I suppose.

The point is that I shouldn't have to be making an unnecessary trip to the PO if the contractor hadn't lied and had done his job properly. F F S, as far as I'm concerned, if he doesn't like being late, he needs to find himself a more suitable job.
Message 7 of 55
Latest reply

I have had this happen twice , I hate going to the post office mine is in a shoping centre , first findng a carpark then lining up for 20 minutes , 

Message 8 of 55
Latest reply

Well it turns out that it wasn't a lazy contractor at all, but the postie instead. I missed her again this morning but this time she actually left the card she should have left yesterday. When I took it down to the PO, I was told that the item was taken to the PO because it was slightly too big to fit in the letterbox, and that although she would have known I was at home as the door and windows were all open, she is apparently not allowed to get off her bike.

Still, that doesn't explain why she didn't sound her bike's horn, and even if it wasn't working, she should still have carded me on the spot, not waited until the following day. Anyway, late this afternoon I received a very polite phone call from a fellow at the AP Complaints department who apologised for what had happened and promised to look into it, speak to whoever had stuffed-up, and get back to me early next week with the results of their enquiries.

AP really do run hot and cold though. I posted a 500g parcel to a Windsor address from Brisbane on Wednesday, and it was delivered at midday today, just 48 hours later, having only spent a matter of hours at Chullora DC. I've said it before but the inconsistencies at AP are positively astounding sometimes.

Message 9 of 55
Latest reply

The parcel I sent from Perth on 28th got to the seller on 4th may, so 4 working days not too bad a turnover in Chullora I guess.

Capture.PNG

Message 10 of 55
Latest reply