WHEN SELLERS KEEP BUYERS MONEY, BUT TAKE NEARLY 2 WEKS TO SEND!

wocl09
Community Member

THIS SELLER , TAKES "PAYMENTS IMMEDIATELY", YET, "DOES NOT SEND ITEM, FOR, AT LEAST 10 DAYS"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

imastawka
Honored Contributor

You cannot 'name and shame' on the boards.

You have the seller's name wrong and that is why - you might be shaming the wrong seller.

A moderator will remove it.

10 days is within their handling time.

What is your estimated delivery time?

Also, all caps is yelling,not for emphasis.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

I have tried a few of his listings (randomly), and they all say "free local pick-up".

If you arranged for the item to be sent, maybe that's why it takes so long, if the seller normally doesn't send items by mail.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Not all listings Papermoon, sorry.

Some are posted.

I also see positive feedback has been left, so what is the problem?

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

The estimated delivery date would have been clearly shown before you bid so why scream about it to others now?

If you were not happy with their handling time, why buy off them?

Welcome to many party lists 

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

What's the problem with a seller getting paid right away? Of course you have to pay right away to start the order process.

Not all sellers are in a position to send immediately and many have built in handling times of 10 days or more due to the postage delays.

How do you know it has not been sent? Perhaps the seller has sent it, but there is no tracking number to upload? 

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

@wocl09 wrote:

THIS SELLER , TAKES "PAYMENTS IMMEDIATELY", YET, "DOES NOT SEND ITEM, FOR, AT LEAST 10 DAYS"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to the world of online buying, where the sellers make up the terms of sale and your expectations don't matter.  

I'm being glib, but it's (mostly) true - not all sellers ship things instantly, if you want that, then check to make sure the seller is providing that. You don't get to complain about something you didn't get if the seller never said they would provide it, and you don't get to ignore a seller's terms and create your own expectations instead. 

You get to look at what's being offered from each seller, and then - if you buy - expect that

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

I can't see what you bought or who you bought from.  Those details have been removed by a mod.

10 days before posting something off is a fairly long time these days in ebay world, most sellers are faster, but the important thing when looking at an ad is to note the estimated due date.

Did your item arrive within the estimated time frame?

Also, things could be worse. They could be a lot worse. At least this seller did eventually post the item off. Have you received it and was it as described? If so, then the time delay might be a minor annoyance as we all hope sellers will post things off asap, but honestly, if it arrived in the proper time frame, it is no big deal in the scheme of things.

And you can give feedback. Keep in mind if there is a small hiccup you don't have to give a negative, you can always give a positive or neutral  along the lines of 'Great item but seller was a bit slow to post.'

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

The seller seems to only offer free local pickup (I had checked yesterday when the name was still there) and the descriptions say that delivery "varies". I assume that the OP arranged for the item to be sent because they could not pick it up, but I guess the seller is not one who goes to the post office so often for whatever reason (that's why they usually only offer free local pickup), so that might be why it took the seller so long to send the item. Just an assumption of course...

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

There were a couple of items that did offer postage, but those clearly showed the 'wait time'

Also cute the OP thinks sellers 'take' their money and get it right away when new sellers have a 21 day hold, and those on MP already wait for who knows how long before it is paid out

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply