WHY are sellers in china & Hong Kong able to list on here giving the appearance they are AUSTRALIAN

Finding Many Sellers here do not say they are in China or Hong Kong.  Some do have stock in Australia but then Prior to COVID 19 when postal service was a lot faster  I would receive items listed as being in Sydney coming from HongKong.

What Prompted me to post this  I just received some Ear Buds   Xiaomi Redmi AirDots TWS Bluetooth 5.0 Earphones Headphones 3D Stereo Earbuds AU.   THE LATEST MODEL  But what I received yesterday was an older model plus the basic version, not the better quality model.  They did not function as described and the quality of sound was low.  In their listing, all the material is for the new model  BUT THE WAY THEY ARE TRYING TO COVER THEIR **bleep**  In DESCRIPTION  - ITEM SPECIFICS  they list the model number of the earlier model   MPN:  TWSEJ04LS   How are you supposed to know this is not the model number of the Ear Buds described the new model that is described as a 5, not a 4 as above.    BUT THEN  they shoot themselves in the foot as also in ITEM SPECIFICS:  

Model: Redmi Airdots THEY DON'T SEND YOU THIS MODEL  they send you a cheaper model such as the Ear Buds Basic.  It is getting to the stage before you order on eBay you will need to message the seller before ordering and  ASK if they are in Australia.  I did a lot of research as the ones I received did not match the details given.  I looked at the other sellers selling the same product and  every one of them describes the new advanced top of the range model  but are all selling an earlier & lower quality & feature model  like this one  

Xiaomi Redmi AirDots TWS Bluetooth 5.0 Earphones Headphones 3D Stereo Earbuds AU   

NOTE THE AU ABOVE REMOVED IS BASED IN CHINA  and they are getting away with this deception

This seller’s advertisement is the most leading it even has a photo of the box the new top model comes in but in ITEM SPECIFICS they list the old and cheaper model as what they are sending you but the model no means nothing to anyone as it is even hard to find on the box they come in.

I am going to switch most of my shopping to Amazon as it is easier to contact Amazon about sellers committing Fraud than on eBay.  Very hard to contact eBay about problems on their site. 

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

WHY are sellers in china & Hong Kong able to list on here giving the appearance they are AUSTRALIAN

It's been an ongoing problem for years and nothing is going to change, read the thread below about it. At the end of the day it's easy enough to find out where the seller is registered by clicking on their feedack.

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Buying/SCAM-Chinese-sellers-misrepresenting-item-location-Equick/td...

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Indeed, it is right there on the feeback page that seller is registered in China

And on every listing, on the feedback page it says where every seller is registered

And they stay in business because buyers keep supporting them

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Have fun on that other site, as unless you learn to thouroughly read and understand listings then you are going to have the same problems.

Exact items you claim to have recieved are also available on that other site with the same specs as the item you have highlighted.

The newer model is also listed seperately, so choose wisely.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

If the lock down was off you could go to a bricks and mortar store and touch, feel, play and ask questions to the not so knowledgeable sales person and pay a higher price for the privilege.

Good luck with Amazon, the online store with Gold Plated price tags but without the knowledgeable sales people..

If you want to find the origins of a seller, just click on their username as mentioned above. Not rocket science.
Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

@offroad7400 wrote:
If the lock down was off you could go to a bricks and mortar store and touch, feel, play and ask questions to the not so knowledgeable sales person and pay a higher price for the privilege.

Good luck with Amazon, the online store with Gold Plated price tags but without the knowledgeable sales people..

If you want to find the origins of a seller, just click on their username as mentioned above. Not rocket science.

:thumbsu:

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

it is as others have said, just the way it is on Ebay. But it should not be like this. They are lying if they say the items are located in Australia, and they are not, simple, not rocket science. Ebay does not care though so will not punish such sellers.

Buying direct from the manufacturer or another b&m (bricks & mortar) store would be better, you have more chance of getting what is described. Also lets say you bought it from the Good Guys, even online, then Australian consumer law applies, whereas on Ebay etc, the legal waters are muddied. Plus, alot of Amazon is now made up of 3rd party sellers who are simply using Amazon as a platform to sell on like they would Ebay.

I suggest first contacting the seller with your concerns, but remember you attract more bees with honey than....i can't remember the exact saying now, just be matter of fact with them, no yelling. If you do not receive a satisfactory response &/or refund etc. then filing a claim with Ebay/paypal for 'item not as described' is your next step.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply