Waiting for shipping

mitcoden-0
Community Member

What is a typical amount of time to wait before becoming suspicious that the seller really has no interest in sending you the item?
After a few days of trying to negotiate a price, the seller reluctantly lowered their price by a fairly small amount.
It's been 2 days since the offer was accepted and payed for, to me this seems like a fairly long amount of time to have not sent the parcel yet. 
To make things worse I believe they have also blocked me from being able to send them messages, so I can't even ask for a possible ship date, the "due date" that is given just keeps going up day by day.
Ironically, an item in which I believe they only had 1 of, they are now listing a second is available for purchase, kinda seems like they are just waiting for me to refund so they can sell it to someone else.

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Waiting for shipping

As far as I'm aware, sellers cannot block buyers with whom they have a current transaction.

They can however, ignore any messages.

Sellers are supposed to ship within their handling time, or incur a defect. 

They could be an inexperienced seller though - what is the item number?

Why did you want to negotiate with them in the first place if it wasn't an item with a Best Offer attached.

It's something that really annoys me personally as a seller.

Your last sentence doesn't make sense? They're the ones who need to refund and they can easily do so by cancelling the transaction.

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Waiting for shipping

If you go to the postage and payment details on the listing's page, you should see the seller's handling time, although sometimes it just says that the estimated delivery includes the seller's handling time without further details. Two days is not such a long amount of time at the moment. Some sellers only post once or twice a week, in particular if they have to go to the post office.

After the last day of the estimated delivery you will be able to open a case (you have 30 days) if the item doesn't arrive and the seller is unresponsive.

If you give us the item number, maybe we can have a better idea.

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Waiting for shipping

When you say that the due date is going up day by day, where are you looking? The date goes go up if you look at a listing, even if it has ended, but normally it does not change in your purchase history.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

Waiting for shipping

So you hound the seller for a discount

They agree, but you are still not happy because they only lowered by a 'small amount'

Then because they do not post on the spot you decide to complain about that too

Did the ad state their handing time was two days or less?

How do you mean they are waiting for you to refund? what would you be refunding them?

Seems like a big bunch of sour grapes because you did not get it even cheaper than the discount you already got

They cannot block you while you have a transaction with them, as mentioned

Any other seller reading here can though , you sound like a very unreasonable and troublesome buyer 

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Waiting for shipping

The purchase was a $500usd buy, they lowered it by about $3, they only JUST shipped it(10 days after payed for), yes it was stated to be fairly quick, they stated that they charge for refunds on paypal(thus my assumption of a possible refund charge scam).
I didn't realise that worrying about spending a fair amount of money on something you can't physically go and get was being unreasonable.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Waiting for shipping

Their typical handling time was around 1-2 days, I unfortunately had to wait around 10(just shipped it today).
Good to know about the ability to open an case after though, thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Waiting for shipping

They have thousands of positive reviews as both a buyer and seller, so definitely not new. Think I was just unlucky as they might've been super busy. Typical ship time was 1-2 days but mine just got shipped after 10.

It did have a best offer attachment, which is why I made an offer in the first place. The original asking price was $443 usd, which they ultimately wouldn't lower any further than $440(+tax n shipping, ironically it was express shipping).

Seems like they are waiting for me to *ask for a* refund, thus they can sell it to someone else. Sorry if that didn't make any sense.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Waiting for shipping

The estimated delivery date was going up every day, in my purcchase history.
I found this odd as I haven't had this happen before.

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Waiting for shipping

@mitcoden-0 wrote:

The purchase was a $500usd buy, they lowered it by about $3, they only JUST shipped it(10 days after payed for), yes it was stated to be fairly quick, they stated that they charge for refunds on paypal(thus my assumption of a possible refund charge scam).

Sellers can state anything they like on the listing, but they have to follow Ebay policies which will override anything misleading.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply