Warning scammer on ebay

tarni2
Community Member

Scammer on ebay

He advertised cans of car A.C. gas which I bought and payed for.

For months he has used delay tactics like

Sorry I'll look into it. (multiple times)

Can you give me your details (several times)

We are sorry, give more time for delivery (several times)

Please check your post office again {couple of times)

We have already paid you ( of course no payment received)

I have now given up trying to get my refund and will now continue to inform the Internet world of this scammers tactics.

Tarni2

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Warning scammer on ebay

What you should have done is use eBay or Paypal protections. That's what they're for.

You're not exactly an inexperienced eBayer.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Warning scammer on ebay

Log into PayPal and see if you can open a case for INR in their resolution centre.

You have 180 days in PayPal.

Seller is in China. A common tactic used by Chinese sellers.

image host
Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Warning scammer on ebay

Basically, if you've paid by paypal, you don't have to put up with this sort of behaviour.

Sorry to say, but you've probably been too understanding and too patient. We like to give people the benefit of the doubt but unfortunately there are occasional scammers on ebay and elsewhere.

I'm not sure whether you'll qualify now to open a paypal claim (hopefully you will still have time).

But in future, my advice would be never, ever, let it get to be much more than a couple of weeks after the expected arrival date of the item before you open an official ebay claim for item not received. And follow through.

You don't have to wait for the seller to 'look into it' and you shouldn't have to give them your details multiple times. 

Naming them as such probably won't be of much help as none of us here might be customers anyway, but for sure, sticking with ebay claims against such sellers will get you your refund and I think it helps as a seller doesn't  then get away with the behaviour.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Warning scammer on ebay

@springyzone wrote:

Basically, if you've paid by paypal, you don't have to put up with this sort of behaviour.

Sorry to say, but you've probably been too understanding and too patient. We like to give people the benefit of the doubt but unfortunately there are occasional scammers on ebay and elsewhere.

I'm not sure whether you'll qualify now to open a paypal claim (hopefully you will still have time).

But in future, my advice would be never, ever, let it get to be much more than a couple of weeks after the expected arrival date of the item before you open an official ebay claim for item not received. And follow through.

You don't have to wait for the seller to 'look into it' and you shouldn't have to give them your details multiple times. 

Naming them as such probably won't be of much help as none of us here might be customers anyway, but for sure, sticking with ebay claims against such sellers will get you your refund and I think it helps as a seller doesn't  then get away with the behaviour.

I wouldn't let it go more than 10 days because sometimes a couple of weeks actually goes past the 30 days MBG.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Warning scammer on ebay

My mistake it's 30 days after the last delivery date estimate so by all means 2 weeks is ok.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Warning scammer on ebay

Paypal's Buyer Protection is a scam - it's actually Seller Protection, disguised.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Warning scammer on ebay

You forgot to add this bit from your other post :-

"Original item posted and received, but found to be faulty - the charging plug started to melt. He offered to replace the plug, but never did. He lied, several times. Uses delaying tactics (check your PO, I'll send another etc) so that it goes beyond eBay and Paypal time limits for disputes.

Paypal agreed I had a case - but I was to return item as originally received. Original packaging I tossed months ago. Freight would have been $20 so now I've paid $47.95, to get a $7.95 refund. Do they think we're stupid? No, they just don't care."

YOU allowed the seller to use delaying tactics..............

Caveat Emptor.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 8 of 8
Latest reply