Warning to buyers

mic-1823
Community Member
Warning to buyers

User ID  has repeatedly told me that my replacment item was sent out so they could go over the 30 ebay guarantee money back policy so they would not have to refund me. They are ripping off many other people with the faulty products they are selling. I ordered 5G 4K 6K GPS WiFi Drone x Pro with HD Camera FPV Selfie Foldable RC Quadcopter with Estimated delivery: Wed 20 Jan 2021 - Mon 1 Feb 2021 i first contacted seller on 09-Feb-21. i have contacted the seller 12 times over this whole period trying to resolve this in which the seller has kept giving me excues so they were able to delay me long enough so i would not contact ebay untill after the 30 days guarantee had expiared. i have contacted customer suport and they claim there is nothing they can do. I Feel that EBAY SHOULD STEP IN and resolve all our cases against this seller
Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Warning to buyers

If you used PayPal to pay, you have 180 days from the date of purchase to open a case.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Warning to buyers

This isn't the correct board for such a complaint, @mic-1823. This is Community Spirit, under "Fun &Social". You would be best off posting a topic like this in the Discussion boards, specifically in the Buying board under "Buying and Selling". The link to that board is here. _new-link.gif

As papermoon.lady has said, you can open a dispute in PayPal.

For future reference, don't let any seller play you like a worm on a hook. Make yourself familiar with the terms and conditions of eBay's Money Back Guarantee, especially the timeframes, and use the very considerable power that the MBG gives you as a buyer.

Hopefully you should have no difficulty in getting a full refund through PayPal.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Warning to buyers

AfterPay was used

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Warning to buyers

I have used ebay for a lot of years. Afterpay was used not paypal so i cant get a refund. I try to give a seller the benifit of doubt but this seller purposly led me on so the aloted time for refunds would be expired

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Warning to buyers

Regrettably, yes, it is often a trick. Some sellers  are probably genuine in wanting to send a replacement, but because you don't know for sure it is better to avoid replacements and find other solutions.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Warning to buyers

@mic-1823,

Did you read the Afterpay page about refunds? There is no explicit protection policy, which is one reason why I'd never - ever - use Afterpay. If you do use Afterpay in future, you must avail yourself of any other protection within the associated timeframe. On eBay, that does mean that you cannot allow yourself to be put off until it's too late to make an MBG claim.

What I suggest

Get in touch with Afterpay directly and politely explain the situation. Ask for a full refund. Maintain politeness at all times. Explain the details point by point, i.e.,

• The purchased item has not arrived.
  • You believe, based upon the seller's refusal to engage now, that it was never sent.
  • The seller reassured you in the interim that the item had been sent, and given the pandemic situation, you gave the seller the benefit of the doubt.
  • It is now too late for you to open a claim under the eBay MBG.
  • However, you are still out of pocket and the item has not arrived.
  • Your attempts to resolve the situation with the seller have not been successful.
  • Therefore, you request full refund from Afterpay.

Have all of your evidence ready to hand, so that if you're asked to email or upload evidence, you have it as PDFs that you can upload or email on the spot.

In the event of Afterpay not refunding you, you can try making a complaint with the AFCA, as one of your few remaining options.

Afterpay is registered as a member and can have complaints lodged against them.

Spoiler

Afterpay Australia Pty Ltd
Member number: 45772, joined 1st November 2018
ACN/ABN: 15169342947

Complaint contact
Mr Chris Stevens
General Counsel & Company Secretary

Afterpay Australia Pty Ltd
Level 5, 406 Collins Street
Melbourne VIC 3000

Business phone: 1300 100 729
Email: complaints@afterpay.com

You might instead prefer to try contacting your bank or issuing credit/debit card provider, and ask for them to perform a chargeback. Remember that you cannot do both at the same time; it's either chargeback or complaint. Doing both will give the impression of double-dipping; wait until you have an outcome before you try another option. If you are not successful with a chargeback request, you can always raise a complaint with the AFCA subsequently, and vice versa.

Your best hope and fastest way of resolving the situation is to engage in dialogue with Afterpay and see if they will refund you. You could politely - very politely - mention that your next step would be to open a complaint with the AFCA if you sense that things are not looking promising with Afterpay... but don't phrase it or intend it as a threat. It's just signalling that you are aware of some further steps that you can take to remedy the situation.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Warning to buyers

Yes, countess, I would never use it either. I had this voucher "10% off your purchase of AU $100.00 or more when you checkout using Afterpay, up to AU $150.00 off. T&Cs apply", but totally ignored it and let it expire...

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply