We had to cancel your recent order

I received an email from Ebay  stating that my recent order had been cancelled and

Unfortunately, due to concerns, the item listed below has been removed from the site.
This won’t interrupt your order. But if you have any problems, you’re covered by eBay’s Money Back Guarantee and can request a refund.

Should I be patient will the item be posted even though it has been removed or is it a total scam and should I request an immediate refund?

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

@aeternumamare,

Sometimes eBay sellers' listings will be removed by eBay as a result of a misunderstaning or glitch or error. eBay sellers can be chastised through no fault of their own. It understandably leads buyers to be concerned, wondering whether they should immediately asked for a refund.

I suggest that you give the seller the appropriate time to send you the purchased item. What is the Estimated Delivery Date? Keep that firmly in mind. In your place, I'd open a case to report that the item hasn't arrived once the EDD plus a few more days have passed - perhaps 7 days past the EDD in these circumstances. (But don't let it go much longer than that! I would put the relevant date into my iPhone calender to remind me.)

However, it may be that the seller's history causes concern. Do you have an item number by the seller? There may be strong indications in the seller's feedback that there's a problem - and the responders here are good at sniffing out potential issues.

If such issues are present, and the seller looks dodgy, my suggestion would be that you request a refund now rather than waiting... but I'd only do that if the smell of fishy doings is very strong.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

I bought a non-genuine lithium battery for my brand name power tool, ebay sent me the same message.

I received the item and 2 years later it still works fine.

I presume the listing was deleted as it used the brand name and was some sort of trademark problem. 

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Thanks for the reply- the EDD is between mid May and June. A minor concern is that it has been two days and I haven't yet received an email to say the item has been shipped. The item purchased - order # 12-06866-32034 - was a pair of non genuine converse/chuck taylor shoes which were at $18 about half the price they are normally. I looked at the feedback and it was mostly positive. It just feels dodgy.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

That could be an issue with the converse sneakers being non genuine. 

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Update: contacted Ebay and was issued a refund. 

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

That sounds like the best outcome in this particular situation.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

It is a good resolution, and if the item does turn up it is easy enough to contact the seller and repay them

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply