Weird Postage Issue

Hi, I'm in Australia and I'd like to buy something from the U.S. that says it posts to Australia, but at the checkout it says it won't post to Australia. Do you know what could be happening?
In the 'Postage and payments' section of the listing it tells me to enter a valid post code, but when I do it says it can't calculate the postage for it, remembering that all the while, the listing says it does post to Australia.

Message 2 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Weird Postage Issue

Hi, I'm in Australia and I'd like to buy something from the U.S. that says it posts to Australia, but at the checkout it says it won't post to Australia. Do you know what could be happening?
In the 'Postage and payments' section of the listing it tells me to enter a valid post code, but when I do it says it can't calculate the postage for it, remembering that all the while, the listing says it does post to Australia.

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply

Weird Postage Issue

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Can you post the item number please?

Someone will be along soon to see if they can work out what the problem might be.

Message 3 of 19
Latest reply

Weird Postage Issue

Hi, the item number is #324460476659.
At the moment the listing says it doesn't post to Australia, but that's because the seller is trying to help me with different settings. It used to say it did post to Australia. The seller is also using the Global Shipping Program.

Message 4 of 19
Latest reply

Weird Postage Issue

Sorry, I accidentally sent the wrong item number, but I've edited it to be the right one.

Message 5 of 19
Latest reply

Weird Postage Issue

still wrong?
Message 6 of 19
Latest reply

Weird Postage Issue

That item number is for an item from a seller in China.

If your US seller is using the Global Shipping there should not be a problem whether they post to Australia or not.   The GSP overrides the seller's wishes as they are only required to post within the USA.

Message 7 of 19
Latest reply

Weird Postage Issue

Here's the correct one:

Message 8 of 19
Latest reply

Weird Postage Issue

The best way to get a true and direct answer is to contact the seller. Only he/she would know the real reason/s.

Message 9 of 19
Latest reply

Weird Postage Issue

Contact the seller and see if it is a listing error, and to find out if they will post to Aus.

They may have set it up this way so you need to contact them for international delivery

Message 10 of 19
Latest reply