What does hiding orders do?

So there's a feature the eBay purchase history page that allows for me to select purchased items that are less than 60 days old, and "hide" them. However, this feature has lost me due to me not being able to find many sources explaining what exactly this feature does, so I'll ask here:

Does "hiding" orders make them invisible to other sellers and users alike? Does the seller of the hidden item still have the ability to see it, or can any seller view your hidden items, and if not, are they only visible to you, the person who is hiding said purchase?

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

No, only you can see your purchase history.

It's just a function if you have many purchases and for whatever reason you want to hide some of them.

You may have a spouse looking over your shoulder when you are on eBay and have bought a surprise gift or you buy hundreds of small items and want to keep track of some hiding the unnecessary ones. Or there are some purchases requiring constant re-ordering.

image host
Message 2 of 19
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

I use the 'hide' feature when the purchase is complete.

That is, when I have received the item, feedback is left for the seller, and I have received feedback.

That way my purchase page is not cluttered with info I don't need anymore

Message 3 of 19
Latest reply

That's a canny way of using the feature; obviously the visible purchases are ones you know still require some sort of action.

Message 4 of 19
Latest reply

I have to use it that way.  

It's my level of OCD or............

Related image

Message 5 of 19
Latest reply

Of course they should be.

I find it comforting to know that we are in a universe where a simple tune which Mozart set in twelve variations is well known to children of school age in a fierce attempt to let them know about correct alphabetic order.

Twinkle twinkle little star ... pfui... A B C D E F G.

Message 6 of 19
Latest reply

Stawks does find that this helps her in times of need countessa................

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVihOxP2QeY

Spoiler
unfortunately I tend to find large piles of guano covering my house afterwards...................sigh.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 7 of 19
Latest reply

over-react-smiley.gif

Message 8 of 19
Latest reply

...........your thoughtful (but not entirely welcome) donation of guano will be returned shortly Stawks...............

trebuchet.gif

Spoiler
....via air-mail........true.gif

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 9 of 19
Latest reply

I hide the order once it arrives and I have left feedback (usually the last step in the buying process).  It takes away the clutter but at the same time, if there's an item you've bought and a month later it still hasn't turned up, keeping it in view is a reminder it might be time to approach the seller about it.

Message 10 of 19
Latest reply