What does it is being prepared mean on the Australia post site?

I now have 3 parcels with this on the mypost log in.   Contacted Aus post and they dont know? they told me to contact the seller but I cant as they have used their names instead of the shop names they use on ebay. So i dont know what parcel is from who as I  have alot of parcels coming  

.  Not sure how Aus post can have this on the website but not know what it means

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

It means that the seller has notified Australia Post that they are preparing a package for posting but it has not yet been lodged with Australia Post.

In my experience the seller has printed an AP label but not taken the item to the PO.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

The international tracking of my parcel carrier last reports the parcel has been eManifested for departure to destination country. Usually there is an update of its arrival. Auspost has more information than APG Global about the item, including its latest scan, suggesting it is here. But it has been more than a week and no new development, "It is being prepared" then seems suspicious. The parcel is in Australia but it is not going anywhere.yet. Auspost want to know how they're doing, eBay want to know how I rate the item and the seller wants to know how how I rate their effort.
Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

@user_mac01 wrote:
The international tracking of my parcel carrier last reports the parcel has been eManifested for departure to destination country. Usually there is an update of its arrival. Auspost has more information than APG Global about the item, including its latest scan, suggesting it is here. But it has been more than a week and no new development, "It is being prepared" then seems suspicious. The parcel is in Australia but it is not going anywhere.yet. Auspost want to know how they're doing, eBay want to know how I rate the item and the seller wants to know how how I rate their effort.

This isn't unusual given current circumstances - stuff is taking a while to clear customs, and until that update appears in tracking, "It is being prepared" will continue to be displayed as it's the most recent status update.

Forget AP's and eBay's requests for ratings - they're automatically generated emails/messages so no need to feel compelled to reply.

If the seller is asking for feedback, politely reply that the item is still to reach you and you'll provde feedback once you've been able to assess the item.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

@user_mac01 wrote:

I regularly buy from a company in the UK. 

Once the parcel is manifested for departure I get an email from AP saying it is being prepared. That must be automatically triggered by a notification from the international carrier.

The next notice will be that it has arrived in the destination country, and then when it has cleared customs - usually 3+ days but these are unprecedented times.

Nothing suspicious

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply