What is the low down on the 10% off your purchase, up to AU $50.00 off

aps1080
Community Member

Hi,

I can't access my emails ATM but What is the low down on the 10% off your purchase, up to AU $50.00 off voucher ?

I entered the number on a small purchase I made but in PayPal, it looks like the full amount still came out of my funds.

Am I reading it wrongly ?

Also, do sellers get a choice of accepting the voucher ?

I was going to use another voucher on a larger purchase on another account to make it more worthwhile.

Anyway, looking forward to your replies.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: What is the low down on the 10% off your purchase, up to AU $50.00 off

Log into PayPal and check the details of the payment - when a voucher is used, the transaction amount shown in the summary is for the full amount paid to the seller, but when you view the details it should show a breakdown of the funding sources, so it should show the amount funded by eBay via the voucher, and the actual amount taken from your account or funding source.

Sellers don't get a choice of whether the vouchers can be applied to their items, as they're issued by eBay and while it does discount the prices for the buyer, the seller receives the full amount (this is also why the transaction summary in PayPal will show the full amount of the purchase). 

Edit: I took this screen shot ages ago from when I used a voucher - this is what the details should look like if the voucher was applied:

payment details.JPG

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I had problems with such a voucher as well. I think mine was a PayPal one for $10 off, or maybe is was an eBay one (happened last year).

I made a $15 purchase on the strength of the voucher. I thought "why not?"

My voucher also did not work. I entered the code at checkout and it did nothing.

I was forced to send emails back and forth with PayPal, and call them, and finally they credited me with the $10.

I never did get a good explanation as to why it never worked.

All in all, another poor experience as a Buyer. I won't use any other discount offer I get from PP or eBay — just not worth the hassle.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Log into PayPal and check the details of the payment - when a voucher is used, the transaction amount shown in the summary is for the full amount paid to the seller, but when you view the details it should show a breakdown of the funding sources, so it should show the amount funded by eBay via the voucher, and the actual amount taken from your account or funding source.

Sellers don't get a choice of whether the vouchers can be applied to their items, as they're issued by eBay and while it does discount the prices for the buyer, the seller receives the full amount (this is also why the transaction summary in PayPal will show the full amount of the purchase). 

Edit: I took this screen shot ages ago from when I used a voucher - this is what the details should look like if the voucher was applied:

payment details.JPG

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Thanks

They all answer the question.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Always read the fine print on voucher offers.

There is often a minimum spend amount...$50 is a common amount to be spent before the discount will apply.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply