What is the purpose of 'add not' when an item is purchased? I have yet to receive the item.

jk_1900
Community Member

I purchased an item from Ebay.  The ack letter stated I did not add a note.   I will have to wait for 2 weeks before delivery.  What should I be saying in the note?  Please advise.

Thanks

JB_1900

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

What is the purpose of 'add not' when an item is purchased? I have yet to receive the item.

Some more information might be good.
Normally you do not need to add a note unless you require a different colour, size or something. What letter states you didn't add a note. Are you talking about a paypal payment notice?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

If it is the bottle steriliser you can expect to wait up to a month for it as it is coming from the UK.....2 weeks is definitely not long enough for it to arrive.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Some more information might be good.
Normally you do not need to add a note unless you require a different colour, size or something. What letter states you didn't add a note. Are you talking about a paypal payment notice?
Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

You don't need to write anything in the 'Add note to seller'. This is used if you need to tell the seller anything in particular about the sale, maybe the seller has something in different colours then they might ask in the listing to tell them what colour you prefer for example.

Two weeks is not a long time to wait for an item depending on where it is coming from and the sellers handling time.

Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

If it is the bottle steriliser you can expect to wait up to a month for it as it is coming from the UK.....2 weeks is definitely not long enough for it to arrive.

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

Lyndal, in the past few weeks I have purchased 3 items from different UK sellers and aside from the most recent one which was only ordered a few days ago, the other two both arrived within 10 days of their having been purchased.

Having said that however, 2 weeks is definitely not an excessive amount of time to wait and as you suggest, I wouldn't be overly concerned unless the item still hadn't arrived after around 4 weeks.
Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

I have not had anything from the UK since Christmas but at the end of last year I was getting most things within 2 weeks but I seemed to be the only one...most other buyers were reporting up to 4 weeks.  It really seems to be a bit of a lottery these days but if you go by the ebay timeframe you can be sure the items will be running late.

It is better to allow more time than to start a dispute too soon.

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

I strongly suspect that ebay's pointless insistence on specifying an estimated (and usually inaccurate) delivery time has been directly responsible for many sellers having their postage DSRs adversely affected, and I genuinely believe that most sellers would be more than happy to see that information omitted from their future listings.
Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

To be honest, I have bought enough from overseas that I never look at the ebay recommended times....they are wrong so why bother.  But it is terribly misleading for new members, or members who are unfamiliar with international postage.  I am sure it must be driving sellers mad.

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

Thanks for the advice.

JK_1900
Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

Thanks. Appreciated.
Message 10 of 13
Latest reply