What to do if seller wont post item and wont communicate?

Hi,

What to do about seller.   They wont refund money since Noveber 2012.  Item was closed at sellers request (they said I didn't pay!) , but I paid twice.  I cancelled postal order and got another raised because seller said they lost postal order but they somehow cashed both orders.

Ebay has not helped and seller has only said don't send emails or things will take longer.

Help.

I hate scammers and this seller is definitely top of my list

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: What to do if seller wont post item and wont communicate?

they don't use paypal - convenient for them!!!

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

They offer merchant credit card facility so don't know why you didn't use that option or even Paymate.

If you could find out if they are a registered business,you could try reporting to Fair Trading.

Sending a money order is effectively the same as giving a total stranger a cash donation so don't know why you chose a method of payment that had no protection whatsoever.

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

I guess that you've learned a few pretty expensive lessons, eh?

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that there is not too much that is cost effective that you can do about this situation now.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

Thanks for that.  It was a friend of mine and I will tell him again as I already said he should have not used anyone without paypal!

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

Question?  Have I done the wrong thing by naming the seller?

Is it against policy of ebay?

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

yeah, as far as eBay are concerned, you have. No doubt the mods will be along to fix it though, so don't be too worried.

You may get a warning, but one in isolation isn't going to hurt you or your account.

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

I hope they are on lunch then

Is it a fact that if someone doesn';t use paypal, they should be avoided?  Is it a sign of a bad omen?

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

I think that you will find it's pretty sound advice to use a safe payment method and avoid sellers who don't offer one, though not necessarily fact.

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

ALL sellers (excluding motors) must offer a safe payment method which are Paypal,Paymate or merchant credit card.Your friend chose not to use 2 of the safe payment options that seller has offered.

JMO but I wouldn't have bought from that seller in a pink fit-their feedback & stars are atrocious.

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply