When I touch pay by credit card it says error 157 try again later, for 4 days won't let me pay

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

When I touch pay by credit card it says error 157 try again later, for 4 days won't let me pay

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

How do you touch pay on a computer?

Have you tried entering the card details to make a payment?

Does your seller even accept credit/debit card payments?

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Most likley a mobile device user Lyndal.

Op, have you verified your card with paypal? To reply if you use phone see screen shot on how to reply

Screenshot_2016-02-08-15-18-00.png

*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Thanks bake.....I never use anything but a laptop these days.

But I have come to the same conclusion as you....the card is not verified with paypal.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

OP, have you notified the seller that you are having problems?

4 days may mean they will open an unpaid item case against you.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

From reading other forums it sometimes means you need to re-verify your PayPal account or verify it if you haven't already.

Or the seller has a problem with their PayPal, so message them and tell them to check their account.

image host
Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

On a cynical-from-experience note, if the seller does say they are having problems with PayPal and tell you to pay with Bank Deposit it is recommended NOT to do this.

Not suggesting your seller is a scammer, just that this is a very common scam. Keep your eyes peeled and come back if you need any extra advice.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Good point BoH.

OP, don't let a seller convince you to pay by any other means. Only PayPal has protection.

image host
Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

OP, have you notified the seller that you are having problems?

4 days may mean they will open an unpaid item case against you.

I just checked to make sure it wasn't the buyer I opened an UPI on tonight! Silly buyer asked multiple questions prior to bidding, obviously liked it as he bid, now he hasn't paid. I sent him a message, so I would have assumed if he was having a PayPal issue he would have replied.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply