When you have made a dispute claim with ebay about a seller, how long does it take for a outcome?

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

When you have made a dispute claim with ebay about a seller, how long does it take for a outcome?

this is an cut and paste quote so hope it is still accurate ....

You and the seller have 20 days to resolve the dispute or escalate it to a PayPal claim .  A buyer or seller asks PayPal to review a dispute and decide the outcome..

The seller reviews your message and replies in the Resolution Center. This is your opportunity to communicate directly and resolve the issue by exchanging message posts. Communicate clearly and include suggestions about how to resolve the issue, such as through a full or partial refund.

PayPal can view all posted messages in case the dispute is escalated to a claim.

We place a hold the funds associated with a dispute so they cannot be withdrawn from a buyerโ€™s or seller's PayPal account. on all funds related to the transaction until the dispute is resolved or closed.

You can choose to end a dispute or claim. A closed dispute cannot be reopened or escalated to a claim. We automatically close disputes after 20 days unless they have been escalated to a PayPal claim. a dispute if you and the seller reach an agreement.

Otherwise, you can escalate the dispute to a PayPal claim within 20 days of opening the dispute. We automatically close disputes after 20 days

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

A closed dispute cannot be reopened or escalated to a claim....

sorry but that not quite true.......
had it happen to me tho still won the claim against the buyer ...
Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Are we taliking ebay claim or Paypal claim here, the OP says ebay?

It could be a Paypal claim, an ebay claim paid for with Paypal on an overseas site or a domestic ebay claim for a payment method other than Paypal. Obviously the reply is different in each case.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 4
Latest reply