Where Is All My Stuff Going???

Noticed over the last 18 months or so that a lot of the Chinese purchases I make never arrive. I'm thinking there must be an airport scam whereby they see items coming to Austraila with an untrackable number and.....poof...it's gone. Some of these items are over $100. I feel sorry for the vendors in China.

Anybody else noticing this.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Some of those vendors you feel sorry for never send the items.

The Chinese have been doing it for years, especially on small items.

A large percentage of buyers won't bother opening a case on those.

Then when negative feedback is left, suddenly the sellers decide to react and bribe.

image host
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

It is very rare that one of my orders from China does not arrive, even very small ones. Keep in mind that at the moment there are restrictions on many good coming out of China due to the virus and things will be delayed.

Latest reply

It is Chinese New Year....the whole country comes to a standstill of 2 weeks at least.  Most mail is sevrely disrupted at this time of the year.

Apart from that I rarely have trouble with items from China.....they always arrive and most of the time are quite quick.   I just avoid buying between early January and late February.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

I have bought lots of stuff from China, and only on a very rare occasion has anything not arrived. Some do take a very long time. My problem with them is that sometimes they send the wrong colour if there is a colour choice to be made.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

It is Chinese New Year....the whole country comes to a standstill of 2 weeks at least.  Most mail is sevrely disrupted at this time of the year.

Apart from that I rarely have trouble with items from China.....they always arrive and most of the time are quite quick.   I just avoid buying between early January and late February.

This year the New Year holiday has been extended for at least a week, to prevent people travelling due to the Coronavirus. As most know, everything stops in China for the new year, including posting and air travel. Extending the holiday is going to delay items being sent.

October is another month that can see delays. No idea why, but I've noticed that over the years.

That said, I've bought hundreds, possibly thousands. of items from China, and only had one thing not arrive. It was a genuine non arrival as I'd bought from them multiple times before. As soon as I sent a message, they immediately refunded, even though I said it was just a message to let them know it hadn't arrived, but I was happy to wait another 2 weeks.

Another item I thought was a non arrival, I was refunded when I sent a message after 4 weeks. It arrived after 3 months, so I resent the payment to the seller. Majority if items I have bought from China arrive within 5-14 days. 

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply