Where do I stand?

I purchased a used authentic Tiffany & Co cross from US. When it arrived I knew immediately that it wasn't authentic as the gold had half rubbed off. I contacted the seller who was happy to refund the price of the cross however would not refund the shipping costs. The seller wants me to ship the cross back to US at my expense. Is this right?

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Where do I stand?

Hi,

How did you pay for this item? If you paid with Paypal contact them for assistance first thing. Explain to them you issue and see how you go.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Where do I stand?

To open a paypal claim you will need to get verification that the item is indeed fake, once you do that, open paypal claim and you will not be required to return as it is ilegal to send fake products.

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Where do I stand?

Hi,

How did you pay for this item? If you paid with Paypal contact them for assistance first thing. Explain to them you issue and see how you go.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Where do I stand?

To open a paypal claim you will need to get verification that the item is indeed fake, once you do that, open paypal claim and you will not be required to return as it is ilegal to send fake products.

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Where do I stand?

I paid by PayPal. I will contact them but wanted to know first if I had a case.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Where do I stand?

Thank you for the advice

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Where do I stand?

Are you 100% sure it wasnt genuine. Tiffany & Co will have their own particular stamp on their jewellery. You could take it to a jeweller for them to check it. Might be worth it. Just for peace of mind.
Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Where do I stand?

Michelle, the OP has to get the item authenticated (or not) in order to make a paypal claim.  It has nothing to do with peace of mind.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Where do I stand?

Contact the seller and tell them unless you receive a full refund within 24 hiours you will be contacting the US federal authorities on their auction fraud report site and also Tiffany who have a very active anti fraud department..

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 8 of 8
Latest reply