Who do you contact to complain about sellers advertising item for sale when they are not in stock ?

In the last couple of weeks I have been try to purchased an item from one seller only to be told after a week it was out of stock yet thier web page indicated several for sale. I was refunded and purchased the same item from another seller and a few daoes later oops sorry out of stock! It is obvious it is the same seller or seller group. This is not the way to treat customer!!!

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Who do you contact to complain about sellers advertising item for sale when they are not in stock ?

Go through this link :-

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/buying/resolving-issues-sellers/report-issue-seller?id=4022&st=12&pos=1...

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

@anthony_577 wrote:

In the last couple of weeks I have been try to purchased an item from one seller only to be told after a week it was out of stock yet thier web page indicated several for sale. I was refunded and purchased the same item from another seller and a few daoes later oops sorry out of stock! It is obvious it is the same seller or seller group. This is not the way to treat customer!!!

Hi there, sorry to hear that you have had trouble getting what you have spent time trying to obtain. I'm not sure if the following applies to you but I'll give you a  bit of my experience on a kind of selling that you would know of. Quite often sellers are selling stock they don't physically own or have in their possession. That means you buy, pay and then they order from someone else to supply you. If their supplier is out of stock then you the buyer are the last to know.

I got caught once with a DVD box set. It took a very very long time to arrive. When it did it was garbage. A cheap set. The film I was after was one  the worst of the lot. It was a transfer from an East Euro rental video with subtitles. The pic was greatly magnified to push down the subtitle then a letterbox effect was applied to chop out the subtitles and give it a wide-screen appearance. The result? A blurry pic with half of the heads cut off due to part of the top and bottom disappearing with the fake wide-screen depictions.

I got my money back from PayPal and then the item eventually arrived. As I said it was garbage. I couldn't pay back that seller (I wanted to pay back half) as they had been closed and PayPal account had changed or something. They had many negs for same thing.

Anyway, most sellers who do this kind of selling are straight and decent but this kind of practice has it'ss downfall becuse both they the seller and us the buyer are at the mercy of their supplier.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply