Why buy local when Auspost negates any delivery time gain?

wlbeattie
Community Member

Hi people,

Sitting waiting, sitting waiting ... for days - postie just keeps riding past ..

Why should I buy local when Auspost negates any delivery time gain?

Overseas prices are a lot less than local prices - but the delivery times made the local selection the obvious choice.

Now, the delivery time is no longer in days but stretching into weeks.

From now on I'll buy direct from Jaycar what I need immediately (inflated prices) - then I'll be looking on Alibaba for when I want to buy bulk!

Another opportunity for local small business' squashed ...

eBay should get off its overpaid **bleep** or lose business!

cheers

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Your FB left for others is interesting.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

A worthy recipient of a few party invitations Padi?

Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

Yep, and the OP's probably very lucky the sellers didn't report the FB as well.

Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

Hi all,

My feedback is not directed at sellers

💩 it's directed at eBay for forcing me to write a comment that I don't wish to write!

But that's another topic - but you seem happy to get off topic - do you work for Auspost?

regards

Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

Problem is that the feedback is directed and left for sellers and not for ebay.

If you want it directed at ebay then by all means send ebay a message, I have sent ebay plenty of messages

of what I think about ebay lol.

Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

I would never have looked at your feedback left for others except for the previous comments.

May i suggest that if you really can't stand ebay, or you have some particular gripe with them, then positive feedback is not the place to give vent.

Really and truly, don't you get it that a lot of the site is automated? Do you honestly think anyone from ebay is going to see it unless they are directed to it?

And how do you think it helps any other buyers? It is too vague and wishy washy.

If you have a problem, then you need to write to ebay directly and you need to pin point exactly what the problem is.

You seem fixated about delivery times. I care about them too. For Australian purchases, I expect things to be able to arrive within a fortnight as I am in metropolitan Melbourne. Only after that do I get cheesed off.

But my experience has been 90% of my Australian purchases arrive well before the fortnight. Most arrive within the week.

I am giving an aussie worker some business. And a week is MUCH better than I can expect from purchases from China.

I have bought on aliexpress for bulk & had no problem with it, but for everyday one off purchases, give me Australian any day!!

Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

Perhaps it has something to do with your address, the vast majority of parcels and large letters I have sent out over the last few months, including round Christmas, have been delivered very quickly.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

@wlbeattie wrote:

My feedback is not directed at sellers

💩 it's directed at eBay for forcing me to write a comment that I don't wish to write!

But that's another topic - but you seem happy to get off topic - do you work for Auspost?

regards

As eezi and springy have pointed out, of course your feedback is directed at sellers - it's on their feedback and using profanities is a policy violation so if they had reported the feedback the comments would have been removed, and you would have been hit with multiple policy violations.

Also as said, you need to direct your frustrations to eBay by using this link:-

http://qu.ebay.com.au/survey?srvName=myebay+%28myebay-AU%29 

Oh, and no, I don't work for AP and neither, I suspect, do the sellers that you left the dodgy feedback for.

So do you have problems with AP as well as eBay?  Then contact them directly to air your problems................

Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

so you want first class service but only pay for basic service?

try that with an airline.

when you pay the least for something then expect to wait longer.

why you would thing anyone from ebay reads any of your feedback when its all positive even though its not nice to the seller is beyond me.

also comming here and having a hissy fit wont help you either, no one from ebay reads these boards.

but a lot of the sellers who do read the boards have now reduced your ability to buy on ebay.

now i must dash as i'm starting my job as australia post ceo on monday and need to get my ferrari cleaned.

Message 10 of 16
Latest reply