Why can't I leave negative feedback?

I am trying to leave negative feedback for a seller whose item was nothing like their advertised product. I have started a return, however, I still want to leave negative feedback about the quality of the item so other buyers are aware that customers of this seller have received shoddy products. If I had seen such feedback I probably wouldn't have paid $70 for the product in the first place! When I try to submit the feedback, however, the page just sits there unpublished and my comments disappear. I am unable to leave negative feedback. I am not logged in as a guest and can find no answers to why this feature isn't working.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Try clearing cache and cookies and/or try a different browser.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

If the seller it 'top rated' you can't leave non-positive feedback for about a week after the transaction.

This would be the Chinese Hong Kong seller with marginal feedback?

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

If you took no notice of negative feedback that others had left, what makes you think anyone is going to take notice of yours?

As mentioned, if the seller is top rated, there is a time frame before you can leave bad feedback. If you do get the chance to leave it, just be very careful what you write, or they can get it removed.

Did you open a return request, or an item not as described dispute? If it's a return request, all I can say is, good luck with that. You'll be up for return postage, probably to China or Hong Kong. If it's an INAD dispute, don't accept an offer of a part refund, and don't accept an offer for them to resend. Both will end badly.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Well

As said, you. yourself ignored all the negs the seller already had

Their warnings are just as valuable as your

You *could* have seen it, had you bothered to look before buying

Just as all the people who buy after you won't bother to check to see yours

Worry less about having to wait to leave feedback and more about actually caring about the kind of sellers you choose to help stay in business

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

You seem to enjoy buying from sellers with bad feedback,  so obviously feedback is of no benefit to you,  why bother leaving it.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply