Why does China post take so long when post from UK & USA is received within 7 to 10 days???

arclifford001
Community Member

Why does China post take so long  when post from UK & USA  is received within 7 to 10 days???

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Why does China post take so long when post from UK & USA is received within 7 to 10 days???

I reckon you need to PLAN your timing requirements for the item you are buying. So you buy now for something you may need 2nd week of October.....I have had to recently but generally I wont buy from Chinese Sellers. It does my head in and my latest purchasing experiences are no different. Thankfully I am only buying novelty items & packaging nothing of significant value.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Slower postal service but if you pay more for postage it can be sent via a faster postal service.

It is not all ways slow though as I have got items from China in less than a week.

Message 2 of 20
Latest reply

I guess it all depends on how the postal service works in each country and the method they use.

Some of the stuff I buy from the US takes 3 to 4 weeks to arrive (cos I'm a tight ass and opt for the cheapest method the seller will use LOL - it usually costs a lot more to get the 7 to 10 day delivery time!)

plus depending on where something has to come from, there may be a lot of stops and checkpoints along the way.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 3 of 20
Latest reply

Remember that if your item gets randomly selected by customs to inspect it takes an extra week or so too.

Latest reply

I've had items from Sydney take longer to get to me (I am in the central west of NSW) than some things from China! Depends on the postal service!!

Message 5 of 20
Latest reply

tstore
Community Member
There is 100x more mail being sent from China than the UK (minimum estimate).
Message 6 of 20
Latest reply

I reckon you need to PLAN your timing requirements for the item you are buying. So you buy now for something you may need 2nd week of October.....I have had to recently but generally I wont buy from Chinese Sellers. It does my head in and my latest purchasing experiences are no different. Thankfully I am only buying novelty items & packaging nothing of significant value.

Message 7 of 20
Latest reply

I realise that most sellers who offer free post send by "snail mail". However, even when I pay for postage, it still takes an inordinately long time to receive goods.

I once received a parcel from Texas, USA in 36 hours, although admittedly, I paid to have UPS to deliver it and it was very expensive.

I have also received free postage from the UK in under a week!!

Message 8 of 20
Latest reply

How long does it take beaurocracy to xray & open a parcel. A week seems like a hell of a long time!

Message 9 of 20
Latest reply

How long is a piece of string?

Btw snail mail refers to ALL non-digital postage. It depends on the method of postage, and what you are prepared to pay. To buy from overseas and do yet another Australian out of a job. With the consequent impact on your taxes (if you pay them).

Unless you can't get it here, I have no sympathy for your stance. If you cannot get it here, then you wait for it from OS. Simple.;

Message 10 of 20
Latest reply