Why does search not show all results even with international selected or searcing from ebay.com???

I am finding items on eBay that are not physically showing up in a search when this happen I am left wondering what else I am missing and what sales people are missing out on.

Here is one recent example

I searched for YHA-63, "YHA-63" and YHA 63

This result did not show up in any of the results.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/301503458775?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

YHA-63 is certainly in the main title. And it is available for international shipping!

I only found it by accident when searching for FT817.

I have found this at least 3 times this year already.

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Why does search not show all results even with international selected or searcing from ebay.com???

yep...I just got the same result as you....seems poor form...and they have 22,845 f/b.....makes you wonder 😞
Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

allfixelectrical
Community Member

It happens all the time. Ebay claim it doesn't but there are always plenty of examples that prove otherwise.

Usually if you find an affected listing, that listing won't come up for any search of details from within it which would indicate that somehow the system missed indexing it at all. After a few days it will usually show up.

Unfortunately, that does not help the poor seller who may miss out on a sale at the time because their listing is not shown.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply