Why is buying wedding dresses causing so many people to be ripped off

I have brought now 15 wedding dresses in the past month and at first they email u back and not a problem now that the delivery date is due soon u hear nothing they wont return emails I am sick of getting ripped off HELP

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

And the listing says 30 - 35 days working time (I gather that means making the dress) and the 10-13 days delivery.

I would be opening a INR if I hadn't received it on the 40th or so day, just to cover yourself as those figures above could work out to 48 days or so............

Why on earth did you buy 15???  Do you plan on selling them???  I hope your customers are more patient

Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

Holly disregard the rude remarks buy the first reply comment, you are not a stupid girl your just not aware of the process. And the person who made said assumptions should be ashamed.

You have a right to know what is happening and the fact they are refusing to answer your emails is worring enough.

Although 2 weeks is not enough to manufacture your dresses for all you  know they are already premade and only require minor alterations and this should have been made clear to you with a time when you should receive them already.

You have exactly 45 days from purchase date to open an Ebay Paypal dispute if they do not arrive.

I would not wait that long if they do not answer your emails in the next couple business days as it is the weekend and it may be a business and not available right now I would open the dispute this week, that way they may then answer your emails.

Also did you pay using Paypal or direct deposit.?. I hope you used Paypal . If you used a credit card you can do a charge back but only do that if you have no satisfaction with the seller or Paypal.

Good Luck.

Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

you are not being ripped off.

Delivery to Australia is estimated between 36 - 40 days.

PLEASE READ THE LISTINGS.  ;\

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

I'm going to address the thread title (Why is buying wedding dresses causing so many people to be ripped off), as - while you may yet receive your dresses and be very happy with them - there are some issues you may like to be aware of. 

Because people look at the picture of a $500+ dress and expect that's what they'll get for $20. Unfortunately, in the years I've been reading these boards, I've only ever seen one person out of many (many) people who had purchased a wedding dress from China and were happy with what they received (most common issues are fabric quality, colour and wrong sizing, despite measurements being provided).

You need to be very careful when buying these types of items, if I was going to purchase a custom made dress online, personally I would only ever buy from someone with a well-established selling history, because (to further answer the thread question) there is no PayPal buyer protection on custom made items (which is what these dresses are - made to order according to the measurements you provide post-sale), so if a PayPal dispute is your only recourse if something goes wrong, it may not get your money back at all.  

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

You have left 5 negs for that seller, one item alone you only purchased less than 3 weeks ago,

The sad thing is you may have been one of the lucky buyers who have purchased these gowns from this particular seller compared to most from china, as until you hit them with the red dots, they had a perfect reputation and hundreds of glowing comments from other buyers.

In accordance with their terms of sale I would have advised to allow 40 to 43 days to arrive and if not open disputes which gives you an additional 20 days to escalate to a claim allowing plenty of time for delivery, or to get your money back should anything go wrong.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is only with the heart one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

why are you buying so many wedding dresses??

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

tstore
Community Member

I have brought now 15 wedding dresses in the past month and at first they email u back and not a problem now that the delivery date is due soon u hear nothing they wont return emails I am sick of getting ripped off HELP

HOLLY HEED MY WARNING. START PAYPAL DISPUTE RIGHT NOW AND ESCULATE. The seller is using feedback manipulation. Check the most recent items sold, positive feedback was left by the 'buyers' 1 minute after the sale of ALL BRIDAL GOWNS!!! CALL PAYPAL/EBAY AND REPORT HIM FOR FEEDBACK MANIPULATION NOW!!! Obviously a scam here.

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

tstore
Community Member

Also, the guy you neutral'd is probably the same person. Same format in username. Name followed by 20XX (year)

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

plpmr
Community Member

Multiple negative feedbacks left for seller even though the quoted delivery time has not expired - most odd.

Message 10 of 17
Latest reply