Why is buying wedding dresses causing so many people to be ripped off

I have brought now 15 wedding dresses in the past month and at first they email u back and not a problem now that the delivery date is due soon u hear nothing they wont return emails I am sick of getting ripped off HELP

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

HOLLY HEED MY WARNING. START PAYPAL DISPUTE RIGHT NOW AND ESCULATE. The seller is using feedback manipulation. Check the most recent items sold, positive feedback was left by the 'buyers' 1 minute after the sale of ALL BRIDAL GOWNS!!! CALL PAYPAL/EBAY AND REPORT HIM FOR FEEDBACK MANIPULATION NOW!!! Obviously a scam here.

Which seller? I can't see any positive feedback left 1 minute after the sale, could you post a link or something? It is too late and I can't think.

Message 11 of 17
Latest reply

tstore
Community Member

Which seller? I can't see any positive feedback left 1 minute after the sale, could you post a link or something? It is too late and I can't think.

Check out the feedback they received 23 April for example. The seller is acrually shill bidding with the other account and when he wins, he leaves himself positive feedback ...

Message 12 of 17
Latest reply

tstore
Community Member

On second thought, these two transactions on 23rd, he used buy it now and left himself positive feedback withon a minute. Probably to build confidence in his buyers ...

Message 13 of 17
Latest reply

thank you, I was looking for sales on the 12th May, I need to go to bed.:-D

If one was to follow the advice in the listing then you would wait over 45 days to receive the dress because it is up to 35 days to make the dress and then up to 13 days for delivery = 48 days.

I have no doubt many would wait the 48 days or more and then there would be no help for them.

I suppose the only good thing is that the items are not expensive given that they are wedding dresses but wedding dresses are usually time sensitive.

Message 14 of 17
Latest reply

Oh dear.........

But when you look at earlier FB than that, like the two prior to the 23 April, they were left about 8 weeks after the sale

It's a bit suss........ but are all the others legit??

Message 15 of 17
Latest reply

I have brought now 15 wedding dresses in the past month and at first they email u back and not a problem now that the delivery date is due soon u hear nothing they wont return emails I am sick of getting ripped off HELP

My guess is that you have already sold them for few hundred of dollars and brides are getting edgy?  Did you really expect that you will get for $6.50 anything even vaguely resembling the photo?  Believe me, if the dresses arrive you will still be in trouble and nobody here can help you.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: โ€œThose Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocitiesโ€ .
Message 16 of 17
Latest reply

Tbh, I think wedding dresses are one of those things that really should be bought at a bridal store, so that if anything goes wrong you can always go back and get a refund, or get the dress altered, or whatever else problem might need to be fixed. Far too many people get stung buying their dresses overseas on Ebay, thinking they're going to get a bargain, and instead they get ripped off. I wouldn't feel comfortable parting such large amounts of money to someone who doesn't even live in the same country as me.

Message 17 of 17
Latest reply