Why is my refund not in bank?

bazalien
Community Member

It has been more than 5 days since i am supposed to get refund so why is my refund not in bank?

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

If you went through a dispute process and won, then be patient it will come through.

It also depends on how you originally funded the payment - Paypal will go into your paypal account, and you can transfer it to your bank from there, Credit card will be credited back to the card used for payment.

If a seller has simply told you they will refund, then you need to open a dispute in the resolution centre to begin the refund process

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Just adding to say that your last 3 purchases were from sellers with a lot of neg feedback, so if it is one of them you are awaiting refund from, don't let them string you along with false promises

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Did you actually open a dispute case in the first place, or did the seller tell you that they will refund you?

A refund cannot go directly to your bank, as there is no formal way to give a seller your bank details and I've never heard of a seller refunding to a bank account as they have no way to prove to Ebay that they have done so.

The refund is processed back to whichever funding source you used. Even if you paid with a CC via Paypal, I'm pretty sure the money will go back to the CC. Most people can check their CC immediately online, so have a look first. The refund might also show up ultimately backdated to when you made the purchase, so if you bought the item a month ago, check that month's transactions.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply