Why must I use Pay Pal and not Visa. I refuse to buy with Pay Pal so you just lost a few good sales.

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Why must I use Pay Pal and not Visa. I refuse to buy with Pay Pal so you just lost a few good sales.

Not sure how you figure

Just members like yourself here,we do not work for ebay and ebay do not read here

Check the other thread where 'another person' asked the same question, today too. Very strange 

Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

You don't have to use paypal if you don't want to......you can use your Visa card if the seller accepts it....some do, most don't.

You can also use your Visa card by attaching it to your paypal account as your main funding source.

Or you can use your Visa card to make a guest payment through paypal.

However, if you don't use paypal you will not be able to take advantage of the discount promotions offered by ebay and you will have more limited buyer protection.

It is your choice and I doubt that ebay gives a toss about missing out on your purchases.

Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

Because to protect it's buyers, eBay insist on at least one safe payment method to be used by sellers - either Paypal or a merchant banking facility (like in shops).

You could always pay by bank deposit if you want to - but you would have no protection at all if anything goes wrong.........

Edit. G'day lyndal, I'm slow as usual..........................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

I accept Paypal as my 'safe' payment method.

My sales certainly don't warrant the expense of paying a bank for a merchant credit facility (possibly with an even more expensive payments gateway) for the odd mug who doesn't realise that Paypal is FREE for buyers and affords as much or more protection as a credit card, when setup correctly.

Especially when, without a gateway, you would be giving the seller your credit card details, including the security code, OVER THE PHONE and TRUSTING THEM TO DO THE RIGHT THING.

Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

summerbreeze, why wouldn't you use Paypal ?

image host
Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

Well that was an interesting error, will Try again.

WHY,  Some form of reasoning, for what otherwize would appear to be an irrational decision, would be nice.  As a seller I only offer Paypal and as a Buyer prefer to use Paypal, for security reasons and the buyer/seller protections.  My Paypal account is linked to a seperate Bank account which is used solely for online use.  Works for me,  never had a problem.

Thats better... worked this time.

Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

Hey gp, were you on a phone using the app on the first post????

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

Hey gp, were you on a phone using the app on the first post????

Nah,  My mobile used to belong to Noah.   Dont know what the problem was but accept full responsibility anyway, a bit tired and not paying proper attention, so I dare say I hit something I was not supposed to.  Could not sort out how to fix so just deleted the text.

Message 10 of 18
Latest reply