Why not have a map link with listing like many other sites?

?

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Why not have a map link with listing like many other sites?

michelleoz@ebay.com wrote:

@city2long wrote:

I purchase primarily larger items or attemp to pick up, so for each item I have to google search to determine if I am going to watch or purchase, and a map of the sellers location simply makes a world of sense to me. It may not to others. It would not need to be to the door, just to the suburb as per the listing general address, which gets googled anyway.

Hi city2long,

When buying and wanting to understand the location the best thing to do is refine your search by 'item location' and select the distance from your postcode that you're willing to travel. You can select from 2km - 2000km.

Regards

Michelle

I often do that but find it's a bit glitchy. For instance i recently searched for items located 50km from me (I live in a suburb of Melbourne) and amongst others, it gave me quite a few items in UK & USA.

I can't figure out why, if I tick within 50 kms, it would show international listings. If I am not prepared to go across town to pick up, I'm certainly not going to the US or UK.Smiley Frustrated

The gumtree site is glitchy too. You can put in 'within 5 kms'. to find it has shown you something on the other side of the state.

My suburb has a unique name so it can't be mixing it up with anywhere else.

Maps might be useful as a click on feature-but only if the seller & item are in the same area. It can be a bit of a minefield with pick up items as often someone will list things for a relative and you have to have eagle eyes & read every word to discover it's in a different place entirely to the lister's location.

Message 11 of 12
Latest reply

Re: Why not have a map link with listing like many other sites?

Most times you see listings that are not as close as your search parameters because ebay show the nearest first then if there are not many it will move further and further away.

I don't often search by distance but from experience I think featured items are shown first before the distance search begins.

Once you come to the last listing that is in your search just stop looking.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 12 of 12
Latest reply