Why seller who sells household goods in feedback shows all sold items as "private"?

olaoz
Community Member

I am looking for a garment steamer. I foud the seller but I can't check if the product they sell has positive feedback. All items are "private" so if some costumers give neutral or negative feedback I can't what for?

They sell mostly houshold goods, brick and brack type of things. Nothing really "private"!!

Is it legal?

Thanks,

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Why seller who sells household goods in feedback shows all sold items as "private"?

Some sellers have their listings set to private. When feedback is left, the details of those items don't show up under the feedback, like they would if they were public. That is allowed.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

But would you buy from someone who was sellling pots and pans and marked their listings as private?

Hardly intimate apparel or goods.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

I have wondered about why people selling clothes & boring non personal items  set their listings to private.

I noticed 1 seller with auctions on clothes with private listings.Their listings were doing great with bids but you can't see who's bidding.Is this so that they can hide shill bidding?

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Unfortunately, I can think of no other reason, which is why I would never bid on a private listing.
Message 5 of 5
Latest reply