Why won't seller respond?

I won an auction on 14 April and paid on the same day. The item was estimated to arrive on April 19 (we're in the same state) but even now the seller has not marked it as posted. I have sent a few 'ask seller a question' and a message to their ebay ID but I'm getting no answer.

The seller has since then sold other items through auctions and have given/received excellent feedback- so I think they are still active and nothing terrible has happened. They seem to have a good record.

Do you think maybe it is because I won cheaply? I won it for $1.25 + $7.50 postage so they are probably like 5c out of pocket after fees- should I just wait? Thanks in advance ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Open an item not received case. If the seller can't prove postage, you will win and get your payment refunded. The seller, hopefully won't get their fees back, so it might make them pay attention in future.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Open an item not received case. If the seller can't prove postage, you will win and get your payment refunded. The seller, hopefully won't get their fees back, so it might make them pay attention in future.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Thanks Dave,

Sorry to sound like I'm trying to be 'nice' but will my INR leave a blemish on their selling history? I hope not.

My item seems pretty tiny compared to a used pram they sold yesterday for $920+150 postage - must be a snazzy one lol.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

A used pram for $950??? Hold Toledo! Opening an item not received dispute no longers gives sellers a defect. It shouldn't really matter if it does. I'm certainly not one who advocates opening disputes, but when you've done everything possible to contact the seller to find out what's going on, and you get ignored, you really don't have a choice.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Ooh I think the seller reads these posts because after a few weeks of nothing I suddenly just got a message saying item will arrive on Monday- thanks guys ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Fingers crossed that it does! Come back and let us know.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Well, it's Wednesday and still no parcel- to be fair the seller said it would arrive on Monday but didn't specify the month/ year lol
Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

If it's not here by Friday, I'd be opening a dispute. Sounds like you're being dicked around.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Thanks Tippy- will do that. I don't know why they would risk getting bad feedback for such a small transaction. They've had 70 feedbacks with two neutrals- so funny one said "Thanks, stain on crotch was the only problem" (for a bra set)-

I bought four balls of cotton yarn- not too miffed because as a yarn hoarder- I don't realllllllly need more yarn : )

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply