Will Paypal refund?

I bought some items recently that were apparently sent prepaid Australia Post tracking.  The seller states they instructed Aus Post not to leave items unattended.

I did not receive the parcel, however the tracking is showing as "delivered".  I was home all day on the day it was claimed by Aus Post to be delivered, and I have a dog who always barks if anyone comes near the front door.

I have checked at the local PO, who state they don't have the parcel.  Aus Post say they are "investigating" but the person I spoke to had a very poor attitude.

There is no way of proving the seller addressed the parcel correctly, or Australia Post delivered it correctly. (I often get mail for the same address but a neighbouring suburb so can only assume they sometimes get my mail too). Or it could have been stolen by someone who works for Aust Post.

Aus Post told me the sender can claim up to $100 for missing items, but that money obviously goes back to them. I am still out of pocket while the seller is paid twice for the goods.

I paid through paypal.  If I get no joy from Aust Post can I claim through them? Is it likely the outcome will be in my favour?

Message 1 of 23
Latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: Will Paypal refund?

That's a bit harsh. And will not sway eBay at all.

Sellers have avenues available for shonky buyers, just as buyers have avenues for shonky sellers.

Given the way you repond to less than favourable feedback, I would recommend a VERY low profile on the boards.

Message 21 of 23
Latest reply

I dont care what people on these boards say or do.. i know half of them from years ago. Sorry you didnt like my feedback comments but thats why life is so wonderful.. we have free speech.. 🙂

Irrispective of what i write on my feedback the OP is a nutter who should not be allowed to buy online. They have left an extraordinary amount of poor feedback both as a number AND as a percentage and sooner or later they will get a decent seller restricted because of their trigger happy reds and greys

have a nice day

Message 22 of 23
Latest reply

WOW, we need a BSL don't we ??

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 23 of 23
Latest reply