Will Paypal refund?

I have purchased an item that has not arrived. The seller has lost the tracking number so it will be impossible to tell where the item is. I paid via PayPal and have heard that I may be able to have the item refunded but cannot find the section that tells me how? Can someone post a link for me? I am assuming the item is genuinely lost as the seller has 100% feedback score.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Will Paypal refund?

they may have misplaced the tracking number but may still be able to locate it by ringing australia post with your details, time it was posted etc etc.
How long has it been since the item was posted? I would give it a good 10 days to 2 weeks to arrive first before starting a dispute with paypal. Then you will have to log into your paypal account and go to the resolution centre tab.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Click on the more action section in the listing that you purchased and select resolve a problem and if it has been enough time for the item to have arrived you will be directed to choose a problem and then you just need to follow the prompts.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

PayPal is more than likely to refund if the seller cannot prove postage, usually by the provision of a tracking number and a scanned event proving lodgement.

They also accept photos as evidence of postage if they photographed address etc and physical lodgement of the package with appropriate ap markings

but in short IMO, if you have allowed enough time for the item tom arrive, raise a dispute, (you have 45 days from date of purchase, and then a further 20 until you have to escalate it to a claim, which you would do if the item still hasn't turned up (can't remember if you said you contacted the seller, have you? always do that first), escalate to a claim in a reasonable time if no resolution - the above timeframes are the maximums, you can do it earlier)

go to paypal

up the top in the middle is a tab "resolution centre" tap that and follow the prompts

or go through the resolution centre in eBay which will redirect you to PayPal anyway.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Thanks all for your info. I paid for the item on 27th Feb, and the seller says she posted 3 days later, so I will give it another week. I am in touch with her and she seems genuine so just need to see what happens. At least now I feel like I have got a chance of money back if they have gone into the Australia Post black hole.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

The seller should understand if you open INR - you are only trying to protect yoursef, and the seller can claim from A.Post if indeed they did send with tracking.

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply