Won Auction and seller wants more money?

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has some advice. Today I was the winning bidder (just over $200) for a cash on pick up item. I messaged the seller and gave a contact number.

The seller has called and explained that they want more money for the item, as they had it listed as an auction, with a buy it now price of $500.00. The item went to auction, and I am the winning bidder. She has said that she wants at least $300.00. My partner explained that she is obligated to sell at the end of auction price, and that we will contact Ebay if she does not comply. She has stated that "we will talk about it".

Has anyone experienced this, or have far more time than I do (disabled child to care for), to be looking into how to deal with this?

Many thanks in advance for any help offered.

Jenn

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

You are absolutely correct. You ONLY pay what you won the item for, not a cent more or less. She ( the Seller) has no right in asking for more. When you list an item with that format, that is the risk you take.  Tell her there is nothing more to talk about !!! If she wants more $$ report her to ebay immediately. You have done nothing wrong.

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

Duplicate thread
Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

? Duplicate thread...

Forgive me if I have made a mistake, I had thought there was one section for buying and one for selling. I thought it would be best if I asked in both sections to get opinions from both Ebay buyers and also experienced sellers....

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

Thank you horizon.
Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

@onabudget$ wrote:

? Duplicate thread...

Forgive me if I have made a mistake, I had thought there was one section for buying and one for selling. I thought it would be best if I asked in both sections to get opinions from both Ebay buyers and also experienced sellers....

Yes there is a buying board and a selling board. Most of the posters that try to help with problems post on both those boards, so they see the same question twice.Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

It appears that your seller is a brand new seller, selling her very first item, so is probably not up on the rules. As already stated, she can't ask for more than what the auction ended for. Period. My guess is she probably thought the Buy it Now of $500 was like a reserve.

I would contact her and let her know that the Buy it Now isn't a reserve and she is obligated to sell for the price the auction ended for. It might also be worth mentioning to her for future reference, to start auctions at the minimum price she is willing to accept because once the hammer drops, that's it.

Good luck with it!

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

@onabudget$ wrote:
Thank you horizon.

As am mentioned. Make it absolutely clear to her prior to Pick Up, that you are only paying what you won it for. She has no right asking for anymore $. Do not accept a cancellation on her terms at all.

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

@horizon1907 wrote:

@onabudget$ wrote:
Thank you horizon.

As am mentioned. Make it absolutely clear to her prior to Pick Up, that you are only paying what you won it for. She has no right asking for anymore $. Do not accept a cancellation on her terms at all.

My guess being a newbie seller, she probably doesn't know about cancellations. She hasn't read up on anything else by the looks of it.

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

@i-love-my-sheep wrote:

@horizon1907 wrote:

@onabudget$ wrote:
Thank you horizon.

My guess being a newbie seller, she probably doesn't know about cancellations. She hasn't read up on anything else by the looks of it.

Either that ilms, or she's a crafty so & so. Not the buyers problem.

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply