Wow, a very brave seller on ebay

REFUND AVAILABLE WITH NO QUESTIONS ASKED Just found this when doing a browse on a listing, and had to share it. A very brave seller. not something I would put on my listing. Merry Christmas everone.

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@justcruising49 wrote:

Do I need to be braver and tick the refund box, or am I wiser leaving it as it is? 

It's really a personal choice, most buyers know these days that if something is wrong with an item, they can do something about it, so a seller probably wouldn't lose too many sales by having no returns (you will always get a few who interpret 'no returns' as being 'under any circumstances', even when the item is not as described, and some people will prefer to purchase from sellers who provide change of mind returns when they're buying something like clothing or jewellery, which can look different first-hand than it did in pictures and their mind's eye). 

I accept returns for any reason, at the moment I have the timeframe at 7 days from receipt, as I don't really feel too many people would need to take longer than that to decide if they like a bracelet, or a craft supply is suitable for their project. In 4 years and literally thousands of sales, I've had about 3 people return something.

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

The refund available with no questions asked doesn't mean that a buyer gets the refund before returning the item though.

And there are plenty of sellers that refund with no questions asked.

Merry Xmas

Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

I'm guessing they know that ebay/paypal will refund,no questions asked,no matter what anyway

They might be just 'cutting out the middle man

Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

A lot of us offer refunds with no questions asked. It just means that for a change of mind the buyer doesn't have to come up with a reason, they just return the item and will get their money back. Nothing unusual about it.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

Seasons Greetings !

Could it be me? ( item no.162326186165)...I'm " Chief  "  not "brave"  !

If so, I have a few conditions ,  as you see :  Dissatisfaction in the first instance , 

returned in original condition ( appearance wise ie),   & within 30 days .

No big  deal really ...just a carton of 1/2 decent beer involved this end...

If it' s not me,  then seller is probably " very brave...."

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

You are the brave one Chief lol

30 day returns wow.

A good way for a buyer to whipper the edges for 30 days and then return it for a full refund.

The thread must definately be about you haha

Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

No, sorry it was not you. Item 272457637956.  I always tick no refunds, as obviously if I make a mistake I cover it, of course, and there is always the ebay rules on refunds anyway. I thought I had found somthing unusual, but now maybe not if others are doing this refunds with no questions too. Do I need to be braver and tick the refund box, or am I wiser leaving it as it is? Now made my thread a seller question sorry! Merry Christmas, big day for all tomorrow - AND NOT ON EBAY I HOPE!!!!

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

The seller has other items (pre-owned clothing and the like) with no returns accepted, so it looks like it's just on the necklace - they may have thought it would help inspire confidence in the product, since they also mention it doesn't have the branded box. 

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

@justcruising49 wrote:

Do I need to be braver and tick the refund box, or am I wiser leaving it as it is? 

It's really a personal choice, most buyers know these days that if something is wrong with an item, they can do something about it, so a seller probably wouldn't lose too many sales by having no returns (you will always get a few who interpret 'no returns' as being 'under any circumstances', even when the item is not as described, and some people will prefer to purchase from sellers who provide change of mind returns when they're buying something like clothing or jewellery, which can look different first-hand than it did in pictures and their mind's eye). 

I accept returns for any reason, at the moment I have the timeframe at 7 days from receipt, as I don't really feel too many people would need to take longer than that to decide if they like a bracelet, or a craft supply is suitable for their project. In 4 years and literally thousands of sales, I've had about 3 people return something.

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

OK thanks. If I tick returns accepted do I have to pay the return postage? I have only ever had 1 person change their mind, they paid for postage back and we were all happy.  

Message 10 of 17
Latest reply